Jan 15, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
Mike Ribeiro‘s absence from the Dallas Stars’ lineup is going to be lasting a bit longer.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan tells Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News that Ribeiro will be out until after the All-Star Game with his MCL injury. Ribeiro has already missed the last three games with his injury and he’s set to miss at least their next five games given that time frame.
Getting a little extra from captain Brenden Morrow and Steve Ott offensively would help as well. If Ott can keep his cool long enough to do things other than agitate the hell out of opponents for more than five seconds, he can be useful in opening up space for his linemates to try and score.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 16
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)