Jan 15, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
Mike Ribeiro‘s absence from the Dallas Stars’ lineup is going to be lasting a bit longer.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan tells Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News that Ribeiro will be out until after the All-Star Game with his MCL injury. Ribeiro has already missed the last three games with his injury and he’s set to miss at least their next five games given that time frame.
Getting a little extra from captain Brenden Morrow and Steve Ott offensively would help as well. If Ott can keep his cool long enough to do things other than agitate the hell out of opponents for more than five seconds, he can be useful in opening up space for his linemates to try and score.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)