Jan 15, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
Mike Ribeiro‘s absence from the Dallas Stars’ lineup is going to be lasting a bit longer.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan tells Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News that Ribeiro will be out until after the All-Star Game with his MCL injury. Ribeiro has already missed the last three games with his injury and he’s set to miss at least their next five games given that time frame.
Getting a little extra from captain Brenden Morrow and Steve Ott offensively would help as well. If Ott can keep his cool long enough to do things other than agitate the hell out of opponents for more than five seconds, he can be useful in opening up space for his linemates to try and score.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18