Jan 15, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
The news comes just one day after Benn played nearly 21 minutes in a 2-1 loss to Colorado and just a few days after he was named to his first-ever NHL All-Star Game. The 22-year-old LW has 42 points in 42 games, good enough for 17th overall in league scoring, and has emerged as one of the brightest young stars in the league.
Benn’s injury comes at a difficult time for the Stars. They’re two points out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference and now face a crucial stretch without Benn and Mike Ribiero (MCL tear), who will be out until the All-Star break. Dallas plays five games before the ASG (against St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Anaheim) and the Wild game looms large, as Dallas is chasing them for the No. 8 spot in the West.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20