Jan 15, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
Claude Giroux is getting annoyed at just being average.
After scoring just one goal in his last ten games and just two since bouncing back from his concussion, Giroux is frustrated. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears it from Giroux about how he hates letting his team down by not producing the way he has been this season and wants to be more like his rookie teammate Sean Couturier.
“I want to help the team win and the last few games, that’s not the case. I think I got to go back and do things simple. It’s frustrating knowing you can better and we have guys stepping up every game.
“Coots [Sean Couturier] is playing unbelievable now. When you see your teammate working hard, you want to do the same.”
It helps that Couturier has scored goals in four straight games. Envy is a cruel thing that way and for Giroux being on the schneid like that is a bummer, especially considering how hot and fast his season started.
Now that he’s three points behind Henrik Sedin for the league points lead and the Flyers have slipped a little further behind the Rangers in the division, the pressure is mounting for Giroux to help get the Flyers back in front in both the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. Slumps aren’t forever, but they certainly feel like they are when you’re going through them.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)