Jan 15, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
Claude Giroux is getting annoyed at just being average.
After scoring just one goal in his last ten games and just two since bouncing back from his concussion, Giroux is frustrated. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears it from Giroux about how he hates letting his team down by not producing the way he has been this season and wants to be more like his rookie teammate Sean Couturier.
“I want to help the team win and the last few games, that’s not the case. I think I got to go back and do things simple. It’s frustrating knowing you can better and we have guys stepping up every game.
“Coots [Sean Couturier] is playing unbelievable now. When you see your teammate working hard, you want to do the same.”
It helps that Couturier has scored goals in four straight games. Envy is a cruel thing that way and for Giroux being on the schneid like that is a bummer, especially considering how hot and fast his season started.
Now that he’s three points behind Henrik Sedin for the league points lead and the Flyers have slipped a little further behind the Rangers in the division, the pressure is mounting for Giroux to help get the Flyers back in front in both the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. Slumps aren’t forever, but they certainly feel like they are when you’re going through them.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 39
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)