Jan 15, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
Claude Giroux is getting annoyed at just being average.
After scoring just one goal in his last ten games and just two since bouncing back from his concussion, Giroux is frustrated. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears it from Giroux about how he hates letting his team down by not producing the way he has been this season and wants to be more like his rookie teammate Sean Couturier.
“I want to help the team win and the last few games, that’s not the case. I think I got to go back and do things simple. It’s frustrating knowing you can better and we have guys stepping up every game.
“Coots [Sean Couturier] is playing unbelievable now. When you see your teammate working hard, you want to do the same.”
It helps that Couturier has scored goals in four straight games. Envy is a cruel thing that way and for Giroux being on the schneid like that is a bummer, especially considering how hot and fast his season started.
Now that he’s three points behind Henrik Sedin for the league points lead and the Flyers have slipped a little further behind the Rangers in the division, the pressure is mounting for Giroux to help get the Flyers back in front in both the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. Slumps aren’t forever, but they certainly feel like they are when you’re going through them.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off