Jan 15, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
Claude Giroux is getting annoyed at just being average.
After scoring just one goal in his last ten games and just two since bouncing back from his concussion, Giroux is frustrated. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio hears it from Giroux about how he hates letting his team down by not producing the way he has been this season and wants to be more like his rookie teammate Sean Couturier.
“I want to help the team win and the last few games, that’s not the case. I think I got to go back and do things simple. It’s frustrating knowing you can better and we have guys stepping up every game.
“Coots [Sean Couturier] is playing unbelievable now. When you see your teammate working hard, you want to do the same.”
It helps that Couturier has scored goals in four straight games. Envy is a cruel thing that way and for Giroux being on the schneid like that is a bummer, especially considering how hot and fast his season started.
Now that he’s three points behind Henrik Sedin for the league points lead and the Flyers have slipped a little further behind the Rangers in the division, the pressure is mounting for Giroux to help get the Flyers back in front in both the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. Slumps aren’t forever, but they certainly feel like they are when you’re going through them.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 0
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)