Talk Amongst Yourselves — Detroit beats Chicago 3-2 in overtime

Jan 14, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT

The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.

We’ll give you some topics:

—- Leave it to Todd Bertuzzi to be the star of the game. Two goals including a breakaway goal and the overtime winner.

—- Who would’ve thought Chicago would benefit from the wacky bounces in Detroit? Andrew Shaw and Marian Hossa sure loved it.

—- Jimmy Howard played out of his mind stopping 25 shots and looking like Dominik Hasek at times in the win.

—- Corey Crawford managed to be pretty awesome himself as the hard luck loser stopping 40 shots in the loss.

—- Pavel Datsyuk and Ian White finished with two assists each.

Now go, talk amongst yourselves.

source:

1. jimbroney - Jan 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Is that supposed to be funny or is it some kind of inside joke?

2. pavelfitzgerald - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

How Todd “ironlegs” Bertuzzi Ever got a breakaway is astonishing to me

• petriskriko - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

He’s still got hands though.

3. arsement - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Jim… see SNL.

4. cakrywyj - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Talk amongst yourselves isn’t an inside joke… It’s from SNL’s old skit “Coffee Talk” with Mike Myers. I guess if you’re younger than 28 or so you won’t know it.

5. swizzler16 - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

If you’re gonna rip off the Kurtenblog, at least let Brough or Halford do it

• petriskriko - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I would assume B or H had a hand in this.

6. blomfeld - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM

THE CANUCKS ARE SCHMUCKS !

The Sisters & company had better be ready this spring, as both of these excellent teams are going to be hungry for Canuckle blood ! … not to mention the Blues, Sharks, Preds and “my” Kings, who I predict are just about ready to go “nuts” ! :) Yes sir, if you arsonists and car flippers in Vancouver think it’s a given that you’ll be back again to the finals this year, then a word of caution to you … you better be wearing “padded” brassieres this time !

• petriskriko - Jan 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM

OK!
      (Anyone in Vancouver think it’ll be easy to get to the finals again? No? Alrighty then.)

7. polegojim - Jan 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Excellent game as anticipated and hoped for.

It’s gonna be great being in the same conference. Old rivalry made NEW!

Let’s Go RED WINGS!

8. jimbroney - Jan 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I understand what it’s from…not sure what it has to do with the hawks game

9. blomfeld - Jan 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM

“No thank you … I’m not like that” …

friends … those were my exact words today at the official Canucks Team Store here in Vancouver, when I was approached by a salesperson trying to sell me the latest Canucks brassiere … this salesperson was quite determined however, as she then attempted to get me interested in buying some fire accelerant … but it was to no avail as I remained steadfast by again declining her offer, while still being polite in the process …

anyway, the Jewess pictured above has got it exactly correct ! … no way in hell are the Canucks going to “cake walk” again to the finals this year … in fact, I predict they don’t even make the second round, padded brassieres this time or not !

10. polegojim - Jan 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Jimbo…. Why So Serioussssss…..?

11. taytay099 - Jan 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Joe Yerdon with a Kurtenblog style post. I like it.

12. Mark Boland Jr - Jan 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Get news on you Blackhawks and Red Wings biggest rival at: http://dailygrindsports.com/2012/01/14/blues-news-and-notes/

13. wazzsabi - Jan 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Wings are on a roll at home. enjoyed the game. there were a lot of hawks fans at the Joe. great game

14. Jeff - Jan 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Sure would be nice if the Wings could win on the road the same way they do at home.

Detroit must exploit Boston's young D