Jan 14, 2012, 9:22 AM EST
Things are awfully frustrating in Minnesota these days and Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is getting sick of seeing the losses pile up.
Fletcher got on his soap box and tore into the team he’s put together and is handing out some blame. Well, not some blame, a lot of it and he’s directing it towards the veteran players on the roster.
Ben Goessling of the St. Paul Pioneer Press gets the tirade from one angry man who says there’s “12 or 15 players not going hard.” Is a shake up on the horizon?
“If we can do something externally, great,” Fletcher said. “But we’ve got to be much better. And we have been much better. You don’t win 17 out of 20 games due to luck. Obviously, we’ve played well this year, and we’ve had success playing a certain way. So we know we can do it. The question is, how do we get back to doing it?”
One way to do it is to score more goals and the Wild have struggled at that especially with Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Guillaume Latendresse both out of the lineup with concussion-related issues. While Fletcher needs to add some scoring, guys like Dany Heatley, Devin Setoguchi, and Mikko Koivu could use a spark in their game.
The Wild need that spark soon because after a stretch that’s seen them go 2-9-3 they’re on the verge of being irrelevant in the Western playoff hunt.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)