Jan 14, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
Chris Pronger is usually the kind of guy to give you a sarcastic remark in a post-game scrum.
Now that he’s out of action for the rest of the season thanks to severe post-concussion syndrome, he’s speaking up honestly about how he’s feeling in the wake of his brutal diagnosis.
“It is very, very tough right now. I don’t feel well and it hurts so much not to be playing.”
Knowing what’s ailing Pronger and seeing just this one, simple statement makes the whole situation that much more difficult to see. The problems Pronger had this year with taking a puck in the eye and his other assorted injuries on top of his concussion diagnosis makes a renowned villain into a sympathetic character.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)