Jan 14, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
Chris Pronger is usually the kind of guy to give you a sarcastic remark in a post-game scrum.
Now that he’s out of action for the rest of the season thanks to severe post-concussion syndrome, he’s speaking up honestly about how he’s feeling in the wake of his brutal diagnosis.
“It is very, very tough right now. I don’t feel well and it hurts so much not to be playing.”
Knowing what’s ailing Pronger and seeing just this one, simple statement makes the whole situation that much more difficult to see. The problems Pronger had this year with taking a puck in the eye and his other assorted injuries on top of his concussion diagnosis makes a renowned villain into a sympathetic character.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)