Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Carolina forward Jeff Skinner is “getting real close” to returning from a concussion. In fact, his first game could be Saturday when the Hurricanes host the Bruins.
Via the Associated Press:
Coach Kirk Muller said after Friday’s practice that it’s possible the NHL rookie of the year could be in the lineup Saturday night against Boston, but “I’m not going to put him in unless I get that gut feeling and everyone says he’s ready to go.”
Muller says if that’s Saturday, then “great (but) if not, we’ll keep him out until we feel it’s the right time.”
Skinner (concussion) hasn’t played since Dec. 7 when he was nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
If last year’s top rookie can’t go tomorrow, the Hurricanes are in Washington Sunday and Pittsburgh Tuesday.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40