Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Carolina forward Jeff Skinner is “getting real close” to returning from a concussion. In fact, his first game could be Saturday when the Hurricanes host the Bruins.
Via the Associated Press:
Coach Kirk Muller said after Friday’s practice that it’s possible the NHL rookie of the year could be in the lineup Saturday night against Boston, but “I’m not going to put him in unless I get that gut feeling and everyone says he’s ready to go.”
Muller says if that’s Saturday, then “great (but) if not, we’ll keep him out until we feel it’s the right time.”
Skinner (concussion) hasn’t played since Dec. 7 when he was nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
If last year’s top rookie can’t go tomorrow, the Hurricanes are in Washington Sunday and Pittsburgh Tuesday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)