Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Carolina forward Jeff Skinner is “getting real close” to returning from a concussion. In fact, his first game could be Saturday when the Hurricanes host the Bruins.
Via the Associated Press:
Coach Kirk Muller said after Friday’s practice that it’s possible the NHL rookie of the year could be in the lineup Saturday night against Boston, but “I’m not going to put him in unless I get that gut feeling and everyone says he’s ready to go.”
Muller says if that’s Saturday, then “great (but) if not, we’ll keep him out until we feel it’s the right time.”
Skinner (concussion) hasn’t played since Dec. 7 when he was nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
If last year’s top rookie can’t go tomorrow, the Hurricanes are in Washington Sunday and Pittsburgh Tuesday.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)