Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Carolina forward Jeff Skinner is “getting real close” to returning from a concussion. In fact, his first game could be Saturday when the Hurricanes host the Bruins.
Via the Associated Press:
Coach Kirk Muller said after Friday’s practice that it’s possible the NHL rookie of the year could be in the lineup Saturday night against Boston, but “I’m not going to put him in unless I get that gut feeling and everyone says he’s ready to go.”
Muller says if that’s Saturday, then “great (but) if not, we’ll keep him out until we feel it’s the right time.”
Skinner (concussion) hasn’t played since Dec. 7 when he was nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
If last year’s top rookie can’t go tomorrow, the Hurricanes are in Washington Sunday and Pittsburgh Tuesday.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 0
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 12
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)