Jan 13, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Carolina forward Jeff Skinner is “getting real close” to returning from a concussion. In fact, his first game could be Saturday when the Hurricanes host the Bruins.
Via the Associated Press:
Coach Kirk Muller said after Friday’s practice that it’s possible the NHL rookie of the year could be in the lineup Saturday night against Boston, but “I’m not going to put him in unless I get that gut feeling and everyone says he’s ready to go.”
Muller says if that’s Saturday, then “great (but) if not, we’ll keep him out until we feel it’s the right time.”
Skinner (concussion) hasn’t played since Dec. 7 when he was nailed by Edmonton’s Andy Sutton.
If last year’s top rookie can’t go tomorrow, the Hurricanes are in Washington Sunday and Pittsburgh Tuesday.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)