Jan 13, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Things have been a real mess between Sean Avery and the New York Rangers franchise this season, but apparently he isn’t just rubbing John Tortorella the wrong way.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that the AHL’s Connecticut Whale made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Rumor has it that two NHL teams would be interested in acquiring the polarizing winger but Rangers GM Glen Sather won’t recall him to let it happen.
That’s perfectly within his rights, but in a way, it feels like the two sides are slogging their way through a messy separation when they should just face the facts and get a divorce as soon as possible.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)