Jan 13, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Things have been a real mess between Sean Avery and the New York Rangers franchise this season, but apparently he isn’t just rubbing John Tortorella the wrong way.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that the AHL’s Connecticut Whale made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Rumor has it that two NHL teams would be interested in acquiring the polarizing winger but Rangers GM Glen Sather won’t recall him to let it happen.
That’s perfectly within his rights, but in a way, it feels like the two sides are slogging their way through a messy separation when they should just face the facts and get a divorce as soon as possible.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)