Jan 13, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Things have been a real mess between Sean Avery and the New York Rangers franchise this season, but apparently he isn’t just rubbing John Tortorella the wrong way.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that the AHL’s Connecticut Whale made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Rumor has it that two NHL teams would be interested in acquiring the polarizing winger but Rangers GM Glen Sather won’t recall him to let it happen.
That’s perfectly within his rights, but in a way, it feels like the two sides are slogging their way through a messy separation when they should just face the facts and get a divorce as soon as possible.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)