Jan 13, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Things have been a real mess between Sean Avery and the New York Rangers franchise this season, but apparently he isn’t just rubbing John Tortorella the wrong way.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that the AHL’s Connecticut Whale made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Rumor has it that two NHL teams would be interested in acquiring the polarizing winger but Rangers GM Glen Sather won’t recall him to let it happen.
That’s perfectly within his rights, but in a way, it feels like the two sides are slogging their way through a messy separation when they should just face the facts and get a divorce as soon as possible.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7