Jan 13, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Things have been a real mess between Sean Avery and the New York Rangers franchise this season, but apparently he isn’t just rubbing John Tortorella the wrong way.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that the AHL’s Connecticut Whale made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Rumor has it that two NHL teams would be interested in acquiring the polarizing winger but Rangers GM Glen Sather won’t recall him to let it happen.
That’s perfectly within his rights, but in a way, it feels like the two sides are slogging their way through a messy separation when they should just face the facts and get a divorce as soon as possible.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 11
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 92
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)