Jan 13, 2012, 12:18 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins pulled a “Dead Poets Society” this morning at practice, each of them wearing a “C” on their jersey in support of their injured captain, Sidney Crosby.
Presumably the show of solidarity was in response to today’s column in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that suggested some of the Penguins were “of the mind that [Crosby’s] been symptom-free for a while” and that “he should be playing.”
The Penguins play the Panthers tonight in Florida, after which they’ll sneak off to their cave to read Keats.
Image via @PensInsideScoop
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 8
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 31
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46