Jan 13, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins pulled a “Dead Poets Society” this morning at practice, each of them wearing a “C” on their jersey in support of their injured captain, Sidney Crosby.
Presumably the show of solidarity was in response to today’s column in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that suggested some of the Penguins were “of the mind that [Crosby’s] been symptom-free for a while” and that “he should be playing.”
The Penguins play the Panthers tonight in Florida, after which they’ll sneak off to their cave to read Keats.
Image via @PensInsideScoop
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12