Jan 13, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
With one playoff appearance and zero postseason wins in franchise history, the Columbus Blue Jackets have plenty of bad seasons to choose from. This current campaign has to rank up there, though, as spending/expectations were soaring high but the Jackets are falling flat on their faces.
Carter already missed 10 games with a broken foot, so this was a tough first season in Columbus even before the former Philadelphia Flyers sniper injured his shoulder. There’s really no reason to rush him back, either, being that the Blue Jackets are the NHL’s only team under the 30-point mark with 27 coming into Friday’s action.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7