Jan 13, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
With one playoff appearance and zero postseason wins in franchise history, the Columbus Blue Jackets have plenty of bad seasons to choose from. This current campaign has to rank up there, though, as spending/expectations were soaring high but the Jackets are falling flat on their faces.
Carter already missed 10 games with a broken foot, so this was a tough first season in Columbus even before the former Philadelphia Flyers sniper injured his shoulder. There’s really no reason to rush him back, either, being that the Blue Jackets are the NHL’s only team under the 30-point mark with 27 coming into Friday’s action.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18