Jan 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s perfectly possible that Montreal Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier and Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster passively floated the idea of a Michael Cammalleri trade before. That being said, it’s also quite likely that the sniper was just one of many players discussed with middling interest up until he criticized himself and his teammates this week.
Honestly, you’d have to be pretty naive to think that his critiques weren’t the catalyst for the trade – whether they ended up being the driving force or just the final straw. Give Gauthier credit, though; he’s selling his argument pretty hard in the press conference.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21