Jan 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s perfectly possible that Montreal Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier and Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster passively floated the idea of a Michael Cammalleri trade before. That being said, it’s also quite likely that the sniper was just one of many players discussed with middling interest up until he criticized himself and his teammates this week.
Honestly, you’d have to be pretty naive to think that his critiques weren’t the catalyst for the trade – whether they ended up being the driving force or just the final straw. Give Gauthier credit, though; he’s selling his argument pretty hard in the press conference.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5