Jan 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Look, it’s perfectly possible that Montreal Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier and Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster passively floated the idea of a Michael Cammalleri trade before. That being said, it’s also quite likely that the sniper was just one of many players discussed with middling interest up until he criticized himself and his teammates this week.
Honestly, you’d have to be pretty naive to think that his critiques weren’t the catalyst for the trade – whether they ended up being the driving force or just the final straw. Give Gauthier credit, though; he’s selling his argument pretty hard in the press conference.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8