Jan 13, 2012, 9:51 PM EST
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman took in tonight’s Florida Panthers-Pittsburgh Penguins game and the biggest takeaway is a bummer for big dreamers hoping to see an improbable Winter Classic in the not-so-frosty state of Florida.
Here’s Miami Herald beat writer George Richards’ take via Twitter:
The Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Harvey Filakov provides more of an explanation, even if it’s a bit confusing:
Well, OK then. Still, some of us will continue to dream of an outdoor hockey game with palm trees and journalists wondering around in bad Hawaiian T-shirts.
(It’s good to dream every now and then.)
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35