Jan 13, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla is staying in Calgary, says Flames general manager Jay Feaster.
“Iggy is going nowhere and we are going for it,’ Feaster told ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun in the wake of the Flames’ acquisition of Mike Cammalleri from Montreal.
Following last night’s win over Anaheim, Calgary sits 12th in the Western Conference, three points back of a playoff spot.
“Going for it” will be questioned by those who think the Flames need to rebuild, as trading away Iginla could fetch a decent collection of draft picks and/or prospects.
It’s also worth noting that, last year, the market for Iginla was limited by the number of teams with the cap space to make room for his $7 million hit. This year, there’s no shortage of teams with room.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)