Jan 13, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
“Symptoms are a lot better but no, I wouldn’t say symptom-free,” Crosby told reporters. “I’m allowed to exert. That’s a positive when you’ve been sitting around a bit.”
Crosby went on to say he’s experiencing fewer headaches and balance issues. He also feels less frustrated with this most recent stint on the injured list because he’s better versed in concussion recuperation.
“It was so new and [I had] so many questions and not a lot of answers,” Crosby said of his first go-round. “It’s a tough injury. It’s not clear-cut all the time. Being more familiar helps a bit.”
No. 87 also fielded questions about the current state of the Penguins. Earlier today, a report from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said some of Crosby’s teammates felt he should be playing — the article also said the Pens went so far as to hold discussions regarding a temporary replacement captain.
But during the pregame skate, the Penguins showed some solidarity by wearing makeshift Cs on their jerseys, a move Crosby appreciated.
“That was a nice gesture, especially at a time like this when times are tough, there’s adversity with injuries, a few losses,” he said. “We stick together, it’s a good sign.”
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 89
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (89)