Jan 13, 2012, 2:08 PM EST
“Symptoms are a lot better but no, I wouldn’t say symptom-free,” Crosby told reporters. “I’m allowed to exert. That’s a positive when you’ve been sitting around a bit.”
Crosby went on to say he’s experiencing fewer headaches and balance issues. He also feels less frustrated with this most recent stint on the injured list because he’s better versed in concussion recuperation.
“It was so new and [I had] so many questions and not a lot of answers,” Crosby said of his first go-round. “It’s a tough injury. It’s not clear-cut all the time. Being more familiar helps a bit.”
No. 87 also fielded questions about the current state of the Penguins. Earlier today, a report from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said some of Crosby’s teammates felt he should be playing — the article also said the Pens went so far as to hold discussions regarding a temporary replacement captain.
But during the pregame skate, the Penguins showed some solidarity by wearing makeshift Cs on their jerseys, a move Crosby appreciated.
“That was a nice gesture, especially at a time like this when times are tough, there’s adversity with injuries, a few losses,” he said. “We stick together, it’s a good sign.”
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)