Jan 13, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
Appearing on TSN’s That’s Hockey, Francois Gagnon of La Presse shared an interesting anecdote that shed light on the relationship between recently-traded Michael Cammalleri and his Canadiens teammates.
(The following is transcribed from video):
“Michael Cammalleri was no cancer in the dressing room of the Montreal Canadiens, but he was not the most well-liked.
Yesterday I was getting tweets from players about the quotes [Cammalleri's "we play like losers" comments] and I was wondering what was the reaction in the room.
The reaction was positive saying that ‘we know he probably said all those things’ because Michael Cammalleri was called Me, Myself and Mike in the dressing room of the Canadiens by some players.”
The Habs have been pretty tight-lipped over the last 24 hours, offering the usual post-trade platitudes (“he was a big part of our team,” etc.) but a few Canadiens did make mention of Cammalleri’s comments in the aftermath of the deal, one of those players being forward Max Pacioretty.
“With the comments made by Cammalleri and the whole media circus, it was a weird feeling, but this is a soul-searching time,” he said. “We’ll have to see what kind of character we have in the room now to overcome this and put together a couple of wins and get a streak going.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)