Jan 13, 2012, 6:52 PM EST
Appearing on TSN’s That’s Hockey, Francois Gagnon of La Presse shared an interesting anecdote that shed light on the relationship between recently-traded Michael Cammalleri and his Canadiens teammates.
(The following is transcribed from video):
“Michael Cammalleri was no cancer in the dressing room of the Montreal Canadiens, but he was not the most well-liked.
Yesterday I was getting tweets from players about the quotes [Cammalleri's "we play like losers" comments] and I was wondering what was the reaction in the room.
The reaction was positive saying that ‘we know he probably said all those things’ because Michael Cammalleri was called Me, Myself and Mike in the dressing room of the Canadiens by some players.”
The Habs have been pretty tight-lipped over the last 24 hours, offering the usual post-trade platitudes (“he was a big part of our team,” etc.) but a few Canadiens did make mention of Cammalleri’s comments in the aftermath of the deal, one of those players being forward Max Pacioretty.
“With the comments made by Cammalleri and the whole media circus, it was a weird feeling, but this is a soul-searching time,” he said. “We’ll have to see what kind of character we have in the room now to overcome this and put together a couple of wins and get a streak going.”
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)