Jan 13, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
Appearing on TSN’s That’s Hockey, Francois Gagnon of La Presse shared an interesting anecdote that shed light on the relationship between recently-traded Michael Cammalleri and his Canadiens teammates.
(The following is transcribed from video):
“Michael Cammalleri was no cancer in the dressing room of the Montreal Canadiens, but he was not the most well-liked.
Yesterday I was getting tweets from players about the quotes [Cammalleri's "we play like losers" comments] and I was wondering what was the reaction in the room.
The reaction was positive saying that ‘we know he probably said all those things’ because Michael Cammalleri was called Me, Myself and Mike in the dressing room of the Canadiens by some players.”
The Habs have been pretty tight-lipped over the last 24 hours, offering the usual post-trade platitudes (“he was a big part of our team,” etc.) but a few Canadiens did make mention of Cammalleri’s comments in the aftermath of the deal, one of those players being forward Max Pacioretty.
“With the comments made by Cammalleri and the whole media circus, it was a weird feeling, but this is a soul-searching time,” he said. “We’ll have to see what kind of character we have in the room now to overcome this and put together a couple of wins and get a streak going.”
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20