Jan 13, 2012, 6:52 PM EST
Appearing on TSN’s That’s Hockey, Francois Gagnon of La Presse shared an interesting anecdote that shed light on the relationship between recently-traded Michael Cammalleri and his Canadiens teammates.
(The following is transcribed from video):
“Michael Cammalleri was no cancer in the dressing room of the Montreal Canadiens, but he was not the most well-liked.
Yesterday I was getting tweets from players about the quotes [Cammalleri’s “we play like losers” comments] and I was wondering what was the reaction in the room.
The reaction was positive saying that ‘we know he probably said all those things’ because Michael Cammalleri was called Me, Myself and Mike in the dressing room of the Canadiens by some players.”
The Habs have been pretty tight-lipped over the last 24 hours, offering the usual post-trade platitudes (“he was a big part of our team,” etc.) but a few Canadiens did make mention of Cammalleri’s comments in the aftermath of the deal, one of those players being forward Max Pacioretty.
“With the comments made by Cammalleri and the whole media circus, it was a weird feeling, but this is a soul-searching time,” he said. “We’ll have to see what kind of character we have in the room now to overcome this and put together a couple of wins and get a streak going.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54