Jan 13, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
Appearing on TSN’s That’s Hockey, Francois Gagnon of La Presse shared an interesting anecdote that shed light on the relationship between recently-traded Michael Cammalleri and his Canadiens teammates.
(The following is transcribed from video):
“Michael Cammalleri was no cancer in the dressing room of the Montreal Canadiens, but he was not the most well-liked.
Yesterday I was getting tweets from players about the quotes [Cammalleri’s “we play like losers” comments] and I was wondering what was the reaction in the room.
The reaction was positive saying that ‘we know he probably said all those things’ because Michael Cammalleri was called Me, Myself and Mike in the dressing room of the Canadiens by some players.”
The Habs have been pretty tight-lipped over the last 24 hours, offering the usual post-trade platitudes (“he was a big part of our team,” etc.) but a few Canadiens did make mention of Cammalleri’s comments in the aftermath of the deal, one of those players being forward Max Pacioretty.
“With the comments made by Cammalleri and the whole media circus, it was a weird feeling, but this is a soul-searching time,” he said. “We’ll have to see what kind of character we have in the room now to overcome this and put together a couple of wins and get a streak going.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32