Jan 12, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
It’s not all good news because roving reclamation project Todd Bertuzzi took his place off the ice thanks to an undisclosed injury. Something tells me that the Red Wings will gladly take that trade, even if they’d ideally prefer to have both forwards in the lineup.
Datsyuk has 43 points in 41 games this season after starting off slowly – for him, at least. Injuries were a big issue for the dazzling Russian in 2010-11, as he played in just 56 games after appearing in 80+ regular season contests in each of the previous three seasons.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18