Jan 12, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
It’s not all good news because roving reclamation project Todd Bertuzzi took his place off the ice thanks to an undisclosed injury. Something tells me that the Red Wings will gladly take that trade, even if they’d ideally prefer to have both forwards in the lineup.
Datsyuk has 43 points in 41 games this season after starting off slowly – for him, at least. Injuries were a big issue for the dazzling Russian in 2010-11, as he played in just 56 games after appearing in 80+ regular season contests in each of the previous three seasons.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15