Jan 12, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“So…do you still need your house?”
We assume that’s not the first question Darryl Sutter asked Terry Murray when the former was hired to replace the latter behind the bench in Los Angeles. However, the topic must’ve been broached somehow, as according to LA Kings Insider, Sutter is now renting Murray’s pad.
For those who might find this odd, it’s actually not at all. Players do it all the time when they are traded, or sometimes even when they move teams during the summer.
Suppose it makes sense for both sides – Sutter gets a place to live and Murray doesn’t have to go out and find a renter. Still, it must be tough for Murray. Not only did Sutter take his job, now he’s sleeping in his house.
No truth to the rumor Sutter found a very aggressive cobra under the kitchen sink.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)