Jan 12, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“So…do you still need your house?”
We assume that’s not the first question Darryl Sutter asked Terry Murray when the former was hired to replace the latter behind the bench in Los Angeles. However, the topic must’ve been broached somehow, as according to LA Kings Insider, Sutter is now renting Murray’s pad.
For those who might find this odd, it’s actually not at all. Players do it all the time when they are traded, or sometimes even when they move teams during the summer.
Suppose it makes sense for both sides – Sutter gets a place to live and Murray doesn’t have to go out and find a renter. Still, it must be tough for Murray. Not only did Sutter take his job, now he’s sleeping in his house.
No truth to the rumor Sutter found a very aggressive cobra under the kitchen sink.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)