Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
The NHL has released its full list of participants for the 2012 Tim Hortons All-Star Game in Ottawa on Jan. 29. Let’s take a look:
Defensemen (12): Erik Karlsson (Ottawa), Dion Phaneuf (Toronto), Dustin Byfuglien (Winnipeg), Kimmo Timonen (Philadelphia), Brian Campbell (Florida), Dan Girardi (New York Rangers), Zdeno Chara (Boston), Alex Edler (Vancouver), Shea Weber (Nashville), Ryan Suter (Nashville), Dennis Wideman (Washington), Keith Yandle (Phoenix).
Forwards (24): Daniel Alfredsson (Ottawa), Jason Spezza (Ottawa), Milan Michalek (Ottawa), Jonathan Toews (Chicago), Marian Hossa (Chicago), Patrick Kane (Chicago), Steve Stamkos (Tampa Bay), Joffrey Lupul (Toronto), Phil Kessel (Toronto), Jamie Benn (Dallas), Claude Giroux (Philadelphia), John Tavares (New York Islanders), Tyler Seguin (Boston), Marian Gaborik (New York Rangers), Daniel Sedin (Vancouver), Henrik Sedin (Vancouver), Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh), Jarome Iginla (Calgary), Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit), Mikko Koivu (Minnesota), Logan Couture (San Jose), Jason Pominville (Buffalo), Corey Perry (Anaheim), Alex Ovechkin (Washington).
Rookies (12): Cody Hodgson (Vancouver), Craig Smith (Nashville), Colin Greening (Ottawa),Matt Read (Philadelphia), Sean Couturier (Philadelphia), Ryan Johansen (Columbus), Justin Faulk (Carolina), Luke Adam (Buffalo), Adam Henrique (New Jersey), Gabriel Landeskog (Colorado), Adam Larson (New Jersey), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edmonton).
So…whaddya think? Fire away in the comments section. We’ll have posts with the biggest surprises and snubs coming soon.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35