Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
One cannot blame the Minnesota Wild for having some mixed feelings about their 5-4 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks. Still, they’ve been free-falling in such a severe way that style points mean absolutely nothing compared to standings points. The Sharks scored two goals 22 seconds apart to make it 4-4 and send it into OT, but Matt Cullen‘s great 1,000th game performance helped Minny build some crucial confidence.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Josh Harding gets into the psychology of prepping for a shootout:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And just to make sure all the bases are covered, check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)