Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
One cannot blame the Minnesota Wild for having some mixed feelings about their 5-4 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks. Still, they’ve been free-falling in such a severe way that style points mean absolutely nothing compared to standings points. The Sharks scored two goals 22 seconds apart to make it 4-4 and send it into OT, but Matt Cullen‘s great 1,000th game performance helped Minny build some crucial confidence.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Josh Harding gets into the psychology of prepping for a shootout:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And just to make sure all the bases are covered, check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39