Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
One cannot blame the Minnesota Wild for having some mixed feelings about their 5-4 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks. Still, they’ve been free-falling in such a severe way that style points mean absolutely nothing compared to standings points. The Sharks scored two goals 22 seconds apart to make it 4-4 and send it into OT, but Matt Cullen‘s great 1,000th game performance helped Minny build some crucial confidence.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Josh Harding gets into the psychology of prepping for a shootout:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And just to make sure all the bases are covered, check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25