Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 AM EST
One cannot blame the Minnesota Wild for having some mixed feelings about their 5-4 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks. Still, they’ve been free-falling in such a severe way that style points mean absolutely nothing compared to standings points. The Sharks scored two goals 22 seconds apart to make it 4-4 and send it into OT, but Matt Cullen‘s great 1,000th game performance helped Minny build some crucial confidence.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Josh Harding gets into the psychology of prepping for a shootout:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And just to make sure all the bases are covered, check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 41
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)