Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
One cannot blame the Minnesota Wild for having some mixed feelings about their 5-4 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks. Still, they’ve been free-falling in such a severe way that style points mean absolutely nothing compared to standings points. The Sharks scored two goals 22 seconds apart to make it 4-4 and send it into OT, but Matt Cullen‘s great 1,000th game performance helped Minny build some crucial confidence.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Josh Harding gets into the psychology of prepping for a shootout:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And just to make sure all the bases are covered, check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)