Jan 11, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
It seems the Boston-Vancouver war has taken its malice to South Beach.
George Richards, a Panthers beat writer for the Miami Herald, noticed something bizarre in the press box during Monday’s game against the Canucks — a stack of NHL Official Guide & Record Books with the covers torn off.
Under normal circumstances, the defacing of printed works would only concern Mr. Bookman, Library Detective. But these are not normal circumstances. See, the cover of the NHL Official Guide has a picture of Zdeno Chara lifting the Stanley Cup.
Here are some pictures of the mangled guides:
Someone in the Florida Panthers press box sure did hate those pictures of Boston’s Zdeno Charra [sic] on the cover of the 2011-12 NHL Official Guide and Record Book.
The Canucks were in town. They lost in seven games to the Bruins last year before beating them 4-3 in an emotional and physical game on Saturday.
The Panthers aren’t blaming anyone for the defacement of the books but something went down.
Originally there was one torn book in the press box. Sometime before the game, a PR staffer noticed the torn covers. So they were replaced. And torn again.
You’d think this would mark the end of the Boston-Vancouver media blood feud, but you’d be wrong. This won’t end until 1) Vancouver burns down Boston’s city hall, and 2) Boston spikes Vancouver’s water supply.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)