Jan 11, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
It seems the Boston-Vancouver war has taken its malice to South Beach.
George Richards, a Panthers beat writer for the Miami Herald, noticed something bizarre in the press box during Monday’s game against the Canucks — a stack of NHL Official Guide & Record Books with the covers torn off.
Under normal circumstances, the defacing of printed works would only concern Mr. Bookman, Library Detective. But these are not normal circumstances. See, the cover of the NHL Official Guide has a picture of Zdeno Chara lifting the Stanley Cup.
Here are some pictures of the mangled guides:
Someone in the Florida Panthers press box sure did hate those pictures of Boston’s Zdeno Charra [sic] on the cover of the 2011-12 NHL Official Guide and Record Book.
The Canucks were in town. They lost in seven games to the Bruins last year before beating them 4-3 in an emotional and physical game on Saturday.
The Panthers aren’t blaming anyone for the defacement of the books but something went down.
Originally there was one torn book in the press box. Sometime before the game, a PR staffer noticed the torn covers. So they were replaced. And torn again.
You’d think this would mark the end of the Boston-Vancouver media blood feud, but you’d be wrong. This won’t end until 1) Vancouver burns down Boston’s city hall, and 2) Boston spikes Vancouver’s water supply.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)