Jan 11, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
It seems the Boston-Vancouver war has taken its malice to South Beach.
George Richards, a Panthers beat writer for the Miami Herald, noticed something bizarre in the press box during Monday’s game against the Canucks — a stack of NHL Official Guide & Record Books with the covers torn off.
Under normal circumstances, the defacing of printed works would only concern Mr. Bookman, Library Detective. But these are not normal circumstances. See, the cover of the NHL Official Guide has a picture of Zdeno Chara lifting the Stanley Cup.
Here are some pictures of the mangled guides:
Someone in the Florida Panthers press box sure did hate those pictures of Boston’s Zdeno Charra [sic] on the cover of the 2011-12 NHL Official Guide and Record Book.
The Canucks were in town. They lost in seven games to the Bruins last year before beating them 4-3 in an emotional and physical game on Saturday.
The Panthers aren’t blaming anyone for the defacement of the books but something went down.
Originally there was one torn book in the press box. Sometime before the game, a PR staffer noticed the torn covers. So they were replaced. And torn again.
You’d think this would mark the end of the Boston-Vancouver media blood feud, but you’d be wrong. This won’t end until 1) Vancouver burns down Boston’s city hall, and 2) Boston spikes Vancouver’s water supply.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 71
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)