Jan 11, 2012, 9:20 PM EST
It’s been a tough couple seasons for Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Mueller, but there might be a little light at the end of the tunnel. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Mueller has been activated from the injured reserve and might even play against the Nashville Predators on Thursday.
Mueller has been struggling with concussion issues ever since Rob Blake caught him with a brutal hit toward the end of the 2009-10 campaign. He missed all of the 2010-11 season and barely played in this one before those problems came crawling back.
There was (and let’s be honest, to some extent, still is) some concern that his career was in danger of being over altogether, so if he could play most or all of this season’s remaining games, it would be one of the feel-good stories in hockey.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)