Jan 11, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Concussion recovery is a hard thing and Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is getting a lot better.
Skinner was cleared for contact today by the Hurricanes staff and was back on the ice this morning at practice. Skinner has missed 14 games since being put out of action thanks to a dirty hit from Edmonton’s Andy Sutton, a hit that earned Sutton an eight-game suspension.
When Skinner left the Canes’ lineup, he was the team’s leading point producer and now upon his return he’s second behind captain Eric Staal. Meanwhile, Carolina has fallen back hard in the East sitting dead last in the conference one point behind the Islanders. To say they could use a lift from Skinner would be an understatement as they’re 11 points behind Pittsburgh for eighth in the East.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)