Jan 11, 2012, 12:12 PM EST
Concussion recovery is a hard thing and Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is getting a lot better.
Skinner was cleared for contact today by the Hurricanes staff and was back on the ice this morning at practice. Skinner has missed 14 games since being put out of action thanks to a dirty hit from Edmonton’s Andy Sutton, a hit that earned Sutton an eight-game suspension.
When Skinner left the Canes’ lineup, he was the team’s leading point producer and now upon his return he’s second behind captain Eric Staal. Meanwhile, Carolina has fallen back hard in the East sitting dead last in the conference one point behind the Islanders. To say they could use a lift from Skinner would be an understatement as they’re 11 points behind Pittsburgh for eighth in the East.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)