Jan 11, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
“I’m not lobbying, but it would be criminal for Scott Hartnell not to be on there,” Laviolette said, as per CSNPhilly.com.
“In my opinion, he is the top power forward in the game right now. Based on numbers, based on the season, plus/minus, hits, physical play, goals and assists, you’d have to come up with somebody who’s had a better year than Scott.”
Tough to disagree there – Hartnell has 18 goals, 19 assists and 86 hits. Among NHL forwards with more goals, only Pittsburgh’s James Neal (21G, 15A, 50 hits) is a prototypical power forward.
Be interesting to see if Hartnell makes it. The only Flyer that deserves to be picked more is Claude Giroux, but could Jaromir Jagr get the nod for promotional purposes and force the blue-collar guy out?
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54