Jan 11, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
“I’m not lobbying, but it would be criminal for Scott Hartnell not to be on there,” Laviolette said, as per CSNPhilly.com.
“In my opinion, he is the top power forward in the game right now. Based on numbers, based on the season, plus/minus, hits, physical play, goals and assists, you’d have to come up with somebody who’s had a better year than Scott.”
Tough to disagree there – Hartnell has 18 goals, 19 assists and 86 hits. Among NHL forwards with more goals, only Pittsburgh’s James Neal (21G, 15A, 50 hits) is a prototypical power forward.
Be interesting to see if Hartnell makes it. The only Flyer that deserves to be picked more is Claude Giroux, but could Jaromir Jagr get the nod for promotional purposes and force the blue-collar guy out?
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)