Jan 11, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
“I’m not lobbying, but it would be criminal for Scott Hartnell not to be on there,” Laviolette said, as per CSNPhilly.com.
“In my opinion, he is the top power forward in the game right now. Based on numbers, based on the season, plus/minus, hits, physical play, goals and assists, you’d have to come up with somebody who’s had a better year than Scott.”
Tough to disagree there – Hartnell has 18 goals, 19 assists and 86 hits. Among NHL forwards with more goals, only Pittsburgh’s James Neal (21G, 15A, 50 hits) is a prototypical power forward.
Be interesting to see if Hartnell makes it. The only Flyer that deserves to be picked more is Claude Giroux, but could Jaromir Jagr get the nod for promotional purposes and force the blue-collar guy out?
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 60
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)