Jan 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Some big news out of Pittsburgh on the Sidney Crosby front — head coach Dan Bylsma announced No. 87 will join the team in Washington tonight and will skate on his own during the Penguins’ two-game Florida road swing.
“He will be skating during this trip,” Bylsma told the Tribune-Review. “He also will, at some point in time, address the meida. That will happen in the next few days. It isn’t a set plan, but it will happen.”
The Penguins will play at the Verizon Center this evening, then fly to Miami for a Friday game against the Panthers.
That’s followed by a Sunday affair in Tampa Bay against the Lightning, after which the Pens will return to Pittsburgh for a Jan. 17 game against Carolina.
Bylsma re-iterated there’s still no timetable for Crosby’s return and didn’t offer an update on his health.
“I’m not sure what’s fair to say,” Bylsma said. “Obviously he has been working out and having light exercises in the weight room and on the bike. We’ll certainly be glad to see him on the ice.”
Crosby hasn’t played since Dec. 5 and hasn’t spoken with the media since Dec. 12.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)