Jan 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Some big news out of Pittsburgh on the Sidney Crosby front — head coach Dan Bylsma announced No. 87 will join the team in Washington tonight and will skate on his own during the Penguins’ two-game Florida road swing.
“He will be skating during this trip,” Bylsma told the Tribune-Review. “He also will, at some point in time, address the meida. That will happen in the next few days. It isn’t a set plan, but it will happen.”
The Penguins will play at the Verizon Center this evening, then fly to Miami for a Friday game against the Panthers.
That’s followed by a Sunday affair in Tampa Bay against the Lightning, after which the Pens will return to Pittsburgh for a Jan. 17 game against Carolina.
Bylsma re-iterated there’s still no timetable for Crosby’s return and didn’t offer an update on his health.
“I’m not sure what’s fair to say,” Bylsma said. “Obviously he has been working out and having light exercises in the weight room and on the bike. We’ll certainly be glad to see him on the ice.”
Crosby hasn’t played since Dec. 5 and hasn’t spoken with the media since Dec. 12.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 2
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 42
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40