Jan 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Some big news out of Pittsburgh on the Sidney Crosby front — head coach Dan Bylsma announced No. 87 will join the team in Washington tonight and will skate on his own during the Penguins’ two-game Florida road swing.
“He will be skating during this trip,” Bylsma told the Tribune-Review. “He also will, at some point in time, address the meida. That will happen in the next few days. It isn’t a set plan, but it will happen.”
The Penguins will play at the Verizon Center this evening, then fly to Miami for a Friday game against the Panthers.
That’s followed by a Sunday affair in Tampa Bay against the Lightning, after which the Pens will return to Pittsburgh for a Jan. 17 game against Carolina.
Bylsma re-iterated there’s still no timetable for Crosby’s return and didn’t offer an update on his health.
“I’m not sure what’s fair to say,” Bylsma said. “Obviously he has been working out and having light exercises in the weight room and on the bike. We’ll certainly be glad to see him on the ice.”
Crosby hasn’t played since Dec. 5 and hasn’t spoken with the media since Dec. 12.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)