Jan 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Some big news out of Pittsburgh on the Sidney Crosby front — head coach Dan Bylsma announced No. 87 will join the team in Washington tonight and will skate on his own during the Penguins’ two-game Florida road swing.
“He will be skating during this trip,” Bylsma told the Tribune-Review. “He also will, at some point in time, address the meida. That will happen in the next few days. It isn’t a set plan, but it will happen.”
The Penguins will play at the Verizon Center this evening, then fly to Miami for a Friday game against the Panthers.
That’s followed by a Sunday affair in Tampa Bay against the Lightning, after which the Pens will return to Pittsburgh for a Jan. 17 game against Carolina.
Bylsma re-iterated there’s still no timetable for Crosby’s return and didn’t offer an update on his health.
“I’m not sure what’s fair to say,” Bylsma said. “Obviously he has been working out and having light exercises in the weight room and on the bike. We’ll certainly be glad to see him on the ice.”
Crosby hasn’t played since Dec. 5 and hasn’t spoken with the media since Dec. 12.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)