Jan 11, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Some big news out of Pittsburgh on the Sidney Crosby front — head coach Dan Bylsma announced No. 87 will join the team in Washington tonight and will skate on his own during the Penguins’ two-game Florida road swing.
“He will be skating during this trip,” Bylsma told the Tribune-Review. “He also will, at some point in time, address the meida. That will happen in the next few days. It isn’t a set plan, but it will happen.”
The Penguins will play at the Verizon Center this evening, then fly to Miami for a Friday game against the Panthers.
That’s followed by a Sunday affair in Tampa Bay against the Lightning, after which the Pens will return to Pittsburgh for a Jan. 17 game against Carolina.
Bylsma re-iterated there’s still no timetable for Crosby’s return and didn’t offer an update on his health.
“I’m not sure what’s fair to say,” Bylsma said. “Obviously he has been working out and having light exercises in the weight room and on the bike. We’ll certainly be glad to see him on the ice.”
Crosby hasn’t played since Dec. 5 and hasn’t spoken with the media since Dec. 12.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)