Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
“We’ll see,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville told reporters when asked if Carcillo’s surgery could be season-ending, as per ‘Hawks beat writer Tim Sassone.
Carcillo suffered his injury on the same play that earned him a seven-game suspension. On Jan. 2 at the United Center, he drove Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert into the end boards, only for Gilbert to bounce off the boards and buckle Carcillo’s knee.
Carcillo is eligible to return Jan. 18 when Chicago hosts Buffalo, but that doesn’t appear likely.
“Obviously, he’s not going to play for a bit and the best course we should know soon,” ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman said late last week. “With injures sometimes you have to decide, is the rehab going to get it to where it needs to go or not?”
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 15
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 29
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)