Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
“We’ll see,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville told reporters when asked if Carcillo’s surgery could be season-ending, as per ‘Hawks beat writer Tim Sassone.
Carcillo suffered his injury on the same play that earned him a seven-game suspension. On Jan. 2 at the United Center, he drove Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert into the end boards, only for Gilbert to bounce off the boards and buckle Carcillo’s knee.
Carcillo is eligible to return Jan. 18 when Chicago hosts Buffalo, but that doesn’t appear likely.
“Obviously, he’s not going to play for a bit and the best course we should know soon,” ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman said late last week. “With injures sometimes you have to decide, is the rehab going to get it to where it needs to go or not?”
- Video: Lundqvist snares Stamkos’ scary shot 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 6
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)