Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
“We’ll see,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville told reporters when asked if Carcillo’s surgery could be season-ending, as per ‘Hawks beat writer Tim Sassone.
Carcillo suffered his injury on the same play that earned him a seven-game suspension. On Jan. 2 at the United Center, he drove Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert into the end boards, only for Gilbert to bounce off the boards and buckle Carcillo’s knee.
Carcillo is eligible to return Jan. 18 when Chicago hosts Buffalo, but that doesn’t appear likely.
“Obviously, he’s not going to play for a bit and the best course we should know soon,” ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman said late last week. “With injures sometimes you have to decide, is the rehab going to get it to where it needs to go or not?”
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)