Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
“We’ll see,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville told reporters when asked if Carcillo’s surgery could be season-ending, as per ‘Hawks beat writer Tim Sassone.
Carcillo suffered his injury on the same play that earned him a seven-game suspension. On Jan. 2 at the United Center, he drove Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert into the end boards, only for Gilbert to bounce off the boards and buckle Carcillo’s knee.
Carcillo is eligible to return Jan. 18 when Chicago hosts Buffalo, but that doesn’t appear likely.
“Obviously, he’s not going to play for a bit and the best course we should know soon,” ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman said late last week. “With injures sometimes you have to decide, is the rehab going to get it to where it needs to go or not?”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40