Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
“We’ll see,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville told reporters when asked if Carcillo’s surgery could be season-ending, as per ‘Hawks beat writer Tim Sassone.
Carcillo suffered his injury on the same play that earned him a seven-game suspension. On Jan. 2 at the United Center, he drove Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert into the end boards, only for Gilbert to bounce off the boards and buckle Carcillo’s knee.
Carcillo is eligible to return Jan. 18 when Chicago hosts Buffalo, but that doesn’t appear likely.
“Obviously, he’s not going to play for a bit and the best course we should know soon,” ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman said late last week. “With injures sometimes you have to decide, is the rehab going to get it to where it needs to go or not?”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)