Jan 10, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
Earlier this season, we noticed something during an episode of NHL 36 starring Patrick Kane: Chicago-area Qdoba restaurants were selling two Blackhawks-inspired burritos — Kane’s “Kaner Con Queso” and Patrick Sharp‘s “Sizzling Sharpie”.
This was intriguing as fans of both hockey and quick service Mexican cuisine, but a question loomed: Which was the better burrito?
Looks like the Blackhawks website will soon provide an answer.
The Qdoba Blackhawks Burrito Faceoff is currently underway, with Kane and Sharp going head-to-head to see who has the tastier taco de harina. Fans can vote for the superior burrito and not only win the chance to eat lunch with the victorious Patrick, but also free burritos for a year!
/puts on elastic-waist sweatpants
//fine, i was already wearing them
Here’s video of Kane and Sharp making their respective foodstuffs. I don’t want to accuse Kane of not knowing what’s in the Kaner Con Queso, but it sounds like he’s reading off an ingredient cheat sheet.
I’ll now turn it over to PHT commenters, though I’d like to request an embargo on “Does Kane’s burrito cost 20 cents?” jokes. You know you’re better than that.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5