Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Some numbers to throw your way:
– Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
– Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
– On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
– Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
– Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
– The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)