Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Some numbers to throw your way:
— Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
— Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
— On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
— Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
— Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
— The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)