Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Some numbers to throw your way:
– Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
– Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
– On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
– Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
– Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
– The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)