Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Some numbers to throw your way:
– Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
– Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
– On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
– Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
– Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
– The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)