Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Some numbers to throw your way:
— Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
— Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
— On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
— Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
— Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
— The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2