Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Some numbers to throw your way:
— Crosby’s last game was on Dec. 5 against Boston. He’s now been out for 12 games/36 days.
— Over that stretch, the Penguins are 5-7.
— On Dec. 5, the Penguins were first in the East with a 16-8-4 record, good for 36 points (second-most in the NHL.)
— Today, they’re in eighth with a 21-15-4 record (46 points), and 17 teams have 47 points or more.
— Crosby’s 12 points (in eight games) still have him 11th in scoring on the team. He has four more assists than Jordan Staal, who has played 34 games this year.
— The Penguins have lost 210 man games to injury this year. Crosby and Kris Letang have combined to sit out 50.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32