Jan 10, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski is healthy and ready to play hockey again. Just one problem – the Rangers keep winning and coach John Tortorella doesn’t want to mess with the lineup.
Wolski, 25, has appeared in just six games for the Rangers this season. He had surgery for a sports hernia in early November and hasn’t played since.
Wolski’s $3.8 million cap hit is considerable for a player that’s watching from the press box. There are probably Rangers fans that wish he’d be sent to the minors for longer than a conditioning stint.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)