Jan 10, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski is healthy and ready to play hockey again. Just one problem – the Rangers keep winning and coach John Tortorella doesn’t want to mess with the lineup.
Wolski, 25, has appeared in just six games for the Rangers this season. He had surgery for a sports hernia in early November and hasn’t played since.
Wolski’s $3.8 million cap hit is considerable for a player that’s watching from the press box. There are probably Rangers fans that wish he’d be sent to the minors for longer than a conditioning stint.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5