Jan 10, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski is healthy and ready to play hockey again. Just one problem – the Rangers keep winning and coach John Tortorella doesn’t want to mess with the lineup.
Wolski, 25, has appeared in just six games for the Rangers this season. He had surgery for a sports hernia in early November and hasn’t played since.
Wolski’s $3.8 million cap hit is considerable for a player that’s watching from the press box. There are probably Rangers fans that wish he’d be sent to the minors for longer than a conditioning stint.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40