Jan 10, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
You’d think things would get easier in Columbus with Scott Arniel getting fired. That’s not the case if you’re Mark Letestu.
Letestu was placed on injured reserve with a hand injury and Jackets GM Scott Howson says Letestu will be out for six weeks. Letestu was acquired from the Penguins earlier this season and has fit in as well as you can in Columbus given how poorly things have gone there.
Since arriving in Columbus, Letestu has five goals and five assists in 25 games with the Blue Jackets. With his injury and now with Todd Richards taking over as the interim head coach, figuring out how the lines will work will be worth paying attention to in Columbus.
Expect that the pressure on Rick Nash and Jeff Carter to step up their game will only increase even more. The guy this could benefit the most is Derick Brassard as he struggled under Arniel. With a new head coach and old problems out of the way, he’ll look to find his game once again.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)