Jan 10, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
You’d think things would get easier in Columbus with Scott Arniel getting fired. That’s not the case if you’re Mark Letestu.
Letestu was placed on injured reserve with a hand injury and Jackets GM Scott Howson says Letestu will be out for six weeks. Letestu was acquired from the Penguins earlier this season and has fit in as well as you can in Columbus given how poorly things have gone there.
Since arriving in Columbus, Letestu has five goals and five assists in 25 games with the Blue Jackets. With his injury and now with Todd Richards taking over as the interim head coach, figuring out how the lines will work will be worth paying attention to in Columbus.
Expect that the pressure on Rick Nash and Jeff Carter to step up their game will only increase even more. The guy this could benefit the most is Derick Brassard as he struggled under Arniel. With a new head coach and old problems out of the way, he’ll look to find his game once again.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16