Jan 10, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
You’d think things would get easier in Columbus with Scott Arniel getting fired. That’s not the case if you’re Mark Letestu.
Letestu was placed on injured reserve with a hand injury and Jackets GM Scott Howson says Letestu will be out for six weeks. Letestu was acquired from the Penguins earlier this season and has fit in as well as you can in Columbus given how poorly things have gone there.
Since arriving in Columbus, Letestu has five goals and five assists in 25 games with the Blue Jackets. With his injury and now with Todd Richards taking over as the interim head coach, figuring out how the lines will work will be worth paying attention to in Columbus.
Expect that the pressure on Rick Nash and Jeff Carter to step up their game will only increase even more. The guy this could benefit the most is Derick Brassard as he struggled under Arniel. With a new head coach and old problems out of the way, he’ll look to find his game once again.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)