Jan 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Another day, another injury for the Edmonton Oilers.
The club has announced that sophomore sensation Jordan Eberle will miss 2-3 weeks of action with a sprained right knee. Eberle was hurt during Saturday’s game in Dallas after getting tangled up awkwardly with Stars forward Jamie Benn, playing just 1:53 before leaving the contest for good. On Monday, Eberle underwent an MRI that revealed the sprain.
“It’s never a good time for an injury,” he told the Oilers website. “But I’m going to focus on getting healthy and getting back to the lineup as soon as I can.”
The injury means Edmonton loses its top scorer and, most distressingly, another one of its young stars. Taylor Hall missed seven games earlier this season with a left shoulder injury and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is currently out 3-4 weeks with a shoulder ailment of his own.
On the bright side, the Oilers’ Twitter feed says Eberle is hoping to resume skating next week and rejoin the team by the All-Star break (Jan. 26-30.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)