Jan 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
Another day, another injury for the Edmonton Oilers.
The club has announced that sophomore sensation Jordan Eberle will miss 2-3 weeks of action with a sprained right knee. Eberle was hurt during Saturday’s game in Dallas after getting tangled up awkwardly with Stars forward Jamie Benn, playing just 1:53 before leaving the contest for good. On Monday, Eberle underwent an MRI that revealed the sprain.
“It’s never a good time for an injury,” he told the Oilers website. “But I’m going to focus on getting healthy and getting back to the lineup as soon as I can.”
The injury means Edmonton loses its top scorer and, most distressingly, another one of its young stars. Taylor Hall missed seven games earlier this season with a left shoulder injury and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is currently out 3-4 weeks with a shoulder ailment of his own.
On the bright side, the Oilers’ Twitter feed says Eberle is hoping to resume skating next week and rejoin the team by the All-Star break (Jan. 26-30.)
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 4
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 3
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)