Jan 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
Erik Karlsson has been climbing the ranks of elite scoring defenseman this season, but that rise will be put on hold for at least one night. Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Ottawa Senators star is sitting out tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury.
It’s unclear how severe that injury is and there isn’t much speculation on that being slang for a concussion at this point, so we’ll wait and see before it’s time to get extra worried.
The Senators are faring OK without him so far, as they’ve opened up a 2-0 lead against the far-more-banged-up Penguins.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)