Jan 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Erik Karlsson has been climbing the ranks of elite scoring defenseman this season, but that rise will be put on hold for at least one night. Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Ottawa Senators star is sitting out tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury.
It’s unclear how severe that injury is and there isn’t much speculation on that being slang for a concussion at this point, so we’ll wait and see before it’s time to get extra worried.
The Senators are faring OK without him so far, as they’ve opened up a 2-0 lead against the far-more-banged-up Penguins.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6