Jan 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Erik Karlsson has been climbing the ranks of elite scoring defenseman this season, but that rise will be put on hold for at least one night. Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Ottawa Senators star is sitting out tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury.
It’s unclear how severe that injury is and there isn’t much speculation on that being slang for a concussion at this point, so we’ll wait and see before it’s time to get extra worried.
The Senators are faring OK without him so far, as they’ve opened up a 2-0 lead against the far-more-banged-up Penguins.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)