Jan 10, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
Erik Karlsson has been climbing the ranks of elite scoring defenseman this season, but that rise will be put on hold for at least one night. Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Ottawa Senators star is sitting out tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins with an upper-body injury.
It’s unclear how severe that injury is and there isn’t much speculation on that being slang for a concussion at this point, so we’ll wait and see before it’s time to get extra worried.
The Senators are faring OK without him so far, as they’ve opened up a 2-0 lead against the far-more-banged-up Penguins.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2