Jan 10, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Devin Setoguchi‘s first season with the Minnesota Wild keeps getting worse as Michael Russo reports that the team made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher wouldn’t elaborate regarding what exactly got Setoguchi in the doghouse, but he said that more will be revealed following the Wild’s game against the San Jose Sharks, which is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
Even before this rough setback, it’s been a tough 2011-12. He missed about a month from early December to early January, but wasn’t particularly productive before that. Setoguchi only has eight goals and 14 points in 30 games, which is disappointing considering how desperate the Wild are for offense.
Perhaps Setoguchi can use this latest embarrassment to turn things around because things just haven’t gone well for the former Sharks winger.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34