Jan 10, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Devin Setoguchi‘s first season with the Minnesota Wild keeps getting worse as Michael Russo reports that the team made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher wouldn’t elaborate regarding what exactly got Setoguchi in the doghouse, but he said that more will be revealed following the Wild’s game against the San Jose Sharks, which is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
Even before this rough setback, it’s been a tough 2011-12. He missed about a month from early December to early January, but wasn’t particularly productive before that. Setoguchi only has eight goals and 14 points in 30 games, which is disappointing considering how desperate the Wild are for offense.
Perhaps Setoguchi can use this latest embarrassment to turn things around because things just haven’t gone well for the former Sharks winger.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)