Jan 10, 2012, 8:31 PM EST
Devin Setoguchi‘s first season with the Minnesota Wild keeps getting worse as Michael Russo reports that the team made him a healthy scratch tonight for “disciplinary reasons.”
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher wouldn’t elaborate regarding what exactly got Setoguchi in the doghouse, but he said that more will be revealed following the Wild’s game against the San Jose Sharks, which is currently taking place on NBC Sports Network.
Even before this rough setback, it’s been a tough 2011-12. He missed about a month from early December to early January, but wasn’t particularly productive before that. Setoguchi only has eight goals and 14 points in 30 games, which is disappointing considering how desperate the Wild are for offense.
Perhaps Setoguchi can use this latest embarrassment to turn things around because things just haven’t gone well for the former Sharks winger.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)