Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
In his most recent column, CBC’s Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Sabres are getting interest from other teams about Derek Roy‘s availability. Considering how badly things have gone for Buffalo this season and how much money they’re paying out to be mediocre, it would make sense to listen to offers.
For Roy he’s not giving it a lot of thought as he told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
“It’s fine. It’s whatever people say,” Roy said. “You can’t worry about it and do anything about it. You have to go out and play your game. Everyone here is trying to do their job, whether it’s stopping the puck, playing defense and scoring goals. We all have to do our part.
“[Sabres management] pieced together a puzzle where they thought everybody was going to do their job and play hard and that’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to piece this puzzle together and work with each other.”
Harrington mentions that the Ducks are the team sniffing around at Roy and Drew Stafford and since you’re already putting it together in your head, a Roy-Stafford for Ryan Getzlaf deal totally works according to CapGeek’s trade machine today. That doesn’t take into effect LTIR situations and other stuff that may change the situation though so… Take it with a grain of salt.
The chances of Darcy Regier and Bob Murray putting that together are probably minimal. The Sabres will need to do something, however, to change things up in Buffalo and get things turned around.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)