Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
In his most recent column, CBC’s Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Sabres are getting interest from other teams about Derek Roy‘s availability. Considering how badly things have gone for Buffalo this season and how much money they’re paying out to be mediocre, it would make sense to listen to offers.
For Roy he’s not giving it a lot of thought as he told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
“It’s fine. It’s whatever people say,” Roy said. “You can’t worry about it and do anything about it. You have to go out and play your game. Everyone here is trying to do their job, whether it’s stopping the puck, playing defense and scoring goals. We all have to do our part.
“[Sabres management] pieced together a puzzle where they thought everybody was going to do their job and play hard and that’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to piece this puzzle together and work with each other.”
Harrington mentions that the Ducks are the team sniffing around at Roy and Drew Stafford and since you’re already putting it together in your head, a Roy-Stafford for Ryan Getzlaf deal totally works according to CapGeek’s trade machine today. That doesn’t take into effect LTIR situations and other stuff that may change the situation though so… Take it with a grain of salt.
The chances of Darcy Regier and Bob Murray putting that together are probably minimal. The Sabres will need to do something, however, to change things up in Buffalo and get things turned around.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)