Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
In his most recent column, CBC’s Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Sabres are getting interest from other teams about Derek Roy‘s availability. Considering how badly things have gone for Buffalo this season and how much money they’re paying out to be mediocre, it would make sense to listen to offers.
For Roy he’s not giving it a lot of thought as he told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
“It’s fine. It’s whatever people say,” Roy said. “You can’t worry about it and do anything about it. You have to go out and play your game. Everyone here is trying to do their job, whether it’s stopping the puck, playing defense and scoring goals. We all have to do our part.
“[Sabres management] pieced together a puzzle where they thought everybody was going to do their job and play hard and that’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to piece this puzzle together and work with each other.”
Harrington mentions that the Ducks are the team sniffing around at Roy and Drew Stafford and since you’re already putting it together in your head, a Roy-Stafford for Ryan Getzlaf deal totally works according to CapGeek’s trade machine today. That doesn’t take into effect LTIR situations and other stuff that may change the situation though so… Take it with a grain of salt.
The chances of Darcy Regier and Bob Murray putting that together are probably minimal. The Sabres will need to do something, however, to change things up in Buffalo and get things turned around.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)