Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
In his most recent column, CBC’s Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Sabres are getting interest from other teams about Derek Roy‘s availability. Considering how badly things have gone for Buffalo this season and how much money they’re paying out to be mediocre, it would make sense to listen to offers.
For Roy he’s not giving it a lot of thought as he told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
“It’s fine. It’s whatever people say,” Roy said. “You can’t worry about it and do anything about it. You have to go out and play your game. Everyone here is trying to do their job, whether it’s stopping the puck, playing defense and scoring goals. We all have to do our part.
“[Sabres management] pieced together a puzzle where they thought everybody was going to do their job and play hard and that’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to piece this puzzle together and work with each other.”
Harrington mentions that the Ducks are the team sniffing around at Roy and Drew Stafford and since you’re already putting it together in your head, a Roy-Stafford for Ryan Getzlaf deal totally works according to CapGeek’s trade machine today. That doesn’t take into effect LTIR situations and other stuff that may change the situation though so… Take it with a grain of salt.
The chances of Darcy Regier and Bob Murray putting that together are probably minimal. The Sabres will need to do something, however, to change things up in Buffalo and get things turned around.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 8
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)