Jan 10, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
In his most recent column, CBC’s Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Sabres are getting interest from other teams about Derek Roy‘s availability. Considering how badly things have gone for Buffalo this season and how much money they’re paying out to be mediocre, it would make sense to listen to offers.
For Roy he’s not giving it a lot of thought as he told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
“It’s fine. It’s whatever people say,” Roy said. “You can’t worry about it and do anything about it. You have to go out and play your game. Everyone here is trying to do their job, whether it’s stopping the puck, playing defense and scoring goals. We all have to do our part.
“[Sabres management] pieced together a puzzle where they thought everybody was going to do their job and play hard and that’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to piece this puzzle together and work with each other.”
Harrington mentions that the Ducks are the team sniffing around at Roy and Drew Stafford and since you’re already putting it together in your head, a Roy-Stafford for Ryan Getzlaf deal totally works according to CapGeek’s trade machine today. That doesn’t take into effect LTIR situations and other stuff that may change the situation though so… Take it with a grain of salt.
The chances of Darcy Regier and Bob Murray putting that together are probably minimal. The Sabres will need to do something, however, to change things up in Buffalo and get things turned around.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)