Jan 10, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Pierre-Marc Bouchard‘s long struggles with concussions took a sad turn today.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports that Bouchard is dealing with concussion-like symptoms stemming from a pair of recent hits. On the upside, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher says his symptoms aren’t as serious as he’s had in the past, but the fact he’s having them isn’t a good sign.
Bouchard missed over a season’s worth of action in the past thanks to previous concussions, but returned in December 2010 to play and has stayed concussion free until now. With this latest setback worries over how he’s able to handle the rigors of a hockey season are back in force.
Bouchard joins Guillaume Latendresse on the shelf with concussion-like symptoms for the Wild and losing your second line wingers could be a leading reason why the Wild have lost 11 of their last 12 games. Russo reports that Fletcher is scouting around for help but doesn’t want to blow things up to do so.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 18
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)