Jan 10, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Pierre-Marc Bouchard‘s long struggles with concussions took a sad turn today.
Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports that Bouchard is dealing with concussion-like symptoms stemming from a pair of recent hits. On the upside, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher says his symptoms aren’t as serious as he’s had in the past, but the fact he’s having them isn’t a good sign.
Bouchard missed over a season’s worth of action in the past thanks to previous concussions, but returned in December 2010 to play and has stayed concussion free until now. With this latest setback worries over how he’s able to handle the rigors of a hockey season are back in force.
Bouchard joins Guillaume Latendresse on the shelf with concussion-like symptoms for the Wild and losing your second line wingers could be a leading reason why the Wild have lost 11 of their last 12 games. Russo reports that Fletcher is scouting around for help but doesn’t want to blow things up to do so.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)