Jan 10, 2012, 11:12 AM EST
James Neal may be made of sterner stuff than most humans.
With all of that going on, it’s hard to imagine that Neal will be out of the lineup tonight’s game against Ottawa and as he told Pens staffers afterward, he’s good to go tonight.
It’s a medical marvel that Neal will play tonight but unlike their other injury problems, perhaps the initial diagnosis for Neal was a bit hasty.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 92
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 92
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 103
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (94)