Jan 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
We know you’re down in the dumps, Pittsburgh. Two of your top players are out of action for a while and the Steelers got rolled by Tim Tebow.
On the upside, according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Kris Letang was back on the ice this morning working with conditioning coach Mike Kadar. Molinari reports that Letang went through puck handling drills and skated hard. Letang has been out of action with a concussion so seeing him on the ice at all is a positive step in his recovery.
Since Sidney Crosby is still a man missing in action with his own concussion, Letang’s progress is some good news after yesterday’s devastating news that both Jordan Staal and James Neal would miss substantial time with separate injuries.
The Penguins are reeling right now and sit eighth in the Eastern Conference after losing four in a row. Getting Letang back eventually will help spark their offense that could use the boost with having four starting forwards out of action.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)