Jan 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
We know you’re down in the dumps, Pittsburgh. Two of your top players are out of action for a while and the Steelers got rolled by Tim Tebow.
On the upside, according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Kris Letang was back on the ice this morning working with conditioning coach Mike Kadar. Molinari reports that Letang went through puck handling drills and skated hard. Letang has been out of action with a concussion so seeing him on the ice at all is a positive step in his recovery.
Since Sidney Crosby is still a man missing in action with his own concussion, Letang’s progress is some good news after yesterday’s devastating news that both Jordan Staal and James Neal would miss substantial time with separate injuries.
The Penguins are reeling right now and sit eighth in the Eastern Conference after losing four in a row. Getting Letang back eventually will help spark their offense that could use the boost with having four starting forwards out of action.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)