Jan 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
As PHT anticipated, the NHL did decide to discipline J.F. Jacques for his hit on R.J. Umberger. (Initials on initials crime is wrong, man.) The league decided to give him a three-game ban for his actions, as you can see in this Brendan Shanahan video:
Shanahan & Co. have one more Anaheim Ducks player to rule on, as Francois “Don’t call me Frenchie” Beauchemin still needs a verdict regarding his questionable check.
Update: In case you’re wondering, the suspension will cost Jacques $23,780.49 because he’s a repeat offender. Ducks GM Bob Murray accepted the league’s decision, as you can see via Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times.
“J.F. hit a player that was vulnerable after shooting the puck, and he needs to be more aware in those situations,” Murray said. “We accept the league’s ruling and will move forward.”
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 48
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12