Jan 9, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Reaves, 24, debuted for the Blues last season, appearing in 28 games while recording two goals, two assists and 78 penalty minutes. This season he’s played in 25 games for St. Louis mostly in a fourth-line/enforcer role, leading the team in fights (six) and recording this KO on Nashville’s Zack Stortini:
Pyatt, 24, agreed to an extension with Tampa Bay after emerging as a checking forward under coach Guy Boucher — who Pyatt played for in AHL Hamilton during the 2009-10 season.
A former fourth-round pick, Pyatt signed a one-year, $525,000 deal with the Lightning in July and has impressed thus far; he’s on pace for career highs in all statistical categories and playing over 13 minutes per game, well above his average TOI during two seasons with Montreal.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24