Jan 9, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Reaves, 24, debuted for the Blues last season, appearing in 28 games while recording two goals, two assists and 78 penalty minutes. This season he’s played in 25 games for St. Louis mostly in a fourth-line/enforcer role, leading the team in fights (six) and recording this KO on Nashville’s Zack Stortini:
Pyatt, 24, agreed to an extension with Tampa Bay after emerging as a checking forward under coach Guy Boucher — who Pyatt played for in AHL Hamilton during the 2009-10 season.
A former fourth-round pick, Pyatt signed a one-year, $525,000 deal with the Lightning in July and has impressed thus far; he’s on pace for career highs in all statistical categories and playing over 13 minutes per game, well above his average TOI during two seasons with Montreal.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17