Jan 9, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
Reaves, 24, debuted for the Blues last season, appearing in 28 games while recording two goals, two assists and 78 penalty minutes. This season he’s played in 25 games for St. Louis mostly in a fourth-line/enforcer role, leading the team in fights (six) and recording this KO on Nashville’s Zack Stortini:
Pyatt, 24, agreed to an extension with Tampa Bay after emerging as a checking forward under coach Guy Boucher — who Pyatt played for in AHL Hamilton during the 2009-10 season.
A former fourth-round pick, Pyatt signed a one-year, $525,000 deal with the Lightning in July and has impressed thus far; he’s on pace for career highs in all statistical categories and playing over 13 minutes per game, well above his average TOI during two seasons with Montreal.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28