Jan 9, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
J.F. Jacques has spent most of his season on an airplane riding between Anaheim and Syracuse thanks to be called up from and sent down to the AHL. The next call he gets is probably going to be from Brendan Shanahan, however, thanks to a head shot on Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.
As you can see in the video, Jacques goes out of his way to hit Umberger in the head with his elbow and even appears to leave his feet to do so. That’s about as dirty as dirty gets.
Umberger has a history of concussion problems dating back to his days in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Jacques is a guy that is essentially a fourth line player looking to make a difference to stick around. This isn’t the way to do it and Shanahan will be sure to remind him of that.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)