Jan 9, 2012, 8:09 AM EST
J.F. Jacques has spent most of his season on an airplane riding between Anaheim and Syracuse thanks to be called up from and sent down to the AHL. The next call he gets is probably going to be from Brendan Shanahan, however, thanks to a head shot on Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.
As you can see in the video, Jacques goes out of his way to hit Umberger in the head with his elbow and even appears to leave his feet to do so. That’s about as dirty as dirty gets.
Umberger has a history of concussion problems dating back to his days in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Jacques is a guy that is essentially a fourth line player looking to make a difference to stick around. This isn’t the way to do it and Shanahan will be sure to remind him of that.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11