Jan 9, 2012, 8:09 AM EST
J.F. Jacques has spent most of his season on an airplane riding between Anaheim and Syracuse thanks to be called up from and sent down to the AHL. The next call he gets is probably going to be from Brendan Shanahan, however, thanks to a head shot on Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.
As you can see in the video, Jacques goes out of his way to hit Umberger in the head with his elbow and even appears to leave his feet to do so. That’s about as dirty as dirty gets.
Umberger has a history of concussion problems dating back to his days in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Jacques is a guy that is essentially a fourth line player looking to make a difference to stick around. This isn’t the way to do it and Shanahan will be sure to remind him of that.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12