Jan 9, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
J.F. Jacques has spent most of his season on an airplane riding between Anaheim and Syracuse thanks to be called up from and sent down to the AHL. The next call he gets is probably going to be from Brendan Shanahan, however, thanks to a head shot on Columbus forward R.J. Umberger.
As you can see in the video, Jacques goes out of his way to hit Umberger in the head with his elbow and even appears to leave his feet to do so. That’s about as dirty as dirty gets.
Umberger has a history of concussion problems dating back to his days in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Jacques is a guy that is essentially a fourth line player looking to make a difference to stick around. This isn’t the way to do it and Shanahan will be sure to remind him of that.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 57
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (57)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)