Jan 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Dustin Penner‘s tenure in Los Angeles hasn’t exactly been well received. The Kings brought him in last season to be a potential goal scorer and piece to get them deep into the playoffs. Since then he’s scored just four goals (five if you include the playoffs) and he’s found his way into the doghouse more often than not.
Now he’s finding new and inventive ways to get hurt… Like eating pancakes. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider has the story of how Penner managed to hurt his back while eating breakfast.
“Apparently it’s one of those mysterious things, where you can throw it out (from) sneezing. I just leaned over to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made. It’s just like it [the pain] wraps around you and squeezes. … So it was disappointing. Hopefully it’s just an isolated incident, and not something that’s going to become chronic.”
Penner said the pain was so bad he needed help putting his clothes on. This won’t help the notion that Penner is always out of shape, a popular storyline during training camp for the struggling Kings forward.
Then again, if his wife’s pancakes are that good, gorging yourself on them is a delicious way to end up on the injured list.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5