Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Saturday night was a big one for Coyotes captain Shane Doan as he notched the first three-goal game of his 17-year career.
The milestone came during a 5-1 drubbing of the New York Islanders at Jobing.com Arena. Doan, who joined the 300-goal club earlier this season, was everywhere for the Coyotes, scoring the opening, winning and final goal (playing over nine minutes in the third period to get the last one.) Here are videos of his tallies, in order…it should be noted the final one was scored at the 19:59 mark of the third period. Just got it in under the wire.
Doan came into the game with 38 career two-goal games, tied with Petr Sykora for the most in NHL history without getting a third goal. It’s also worth noting that Doan’s 305 goals coming into the game were second only to Scott Mellanby (319) for most scored without a hatty — so thanks to last night’s effort, Mellanby’s record still stands.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)