Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Saturday night was a big one for Coyotes captain Shane Doan as he notched the first three-goal game of his 17-year career.
The milestone came during a 5-1 drubbing of the New York Islanders at Jobing.com Arena. Doan, who joined the 300-goal club earlier this season, was everywhere for the Coyotes, scoring the opening, winning and final goal (playing over nine minutes in the third period to get the last one.) Here are videos of his tallies, in order…it should be noted the final one was scored at the 19:59 mark of the third period. Just got it in under the wire.
Doan came into the game with 38 career two-goal games, tied with Petr Sykora for the most in NHL history without getting a third goal. It’s also worth noting that Doan’s 305 goals coming into the game were second only to Scott Mellanby (319) for most scored without a hatty — so thanks to last night’s effort, Mellanby’s record still stands.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)