Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Saturday night was a big one for Coyotes captain Shane Doan as he notched the first three-goal game of his 17-year career.
The milestone came during a 5-1 drubbing of the New York Islanders at Jobing.com Arena. Doan, who joined the 300-goal club earlier this season, was everywhere for the Coyotes, scoring the opening, winning and final goal (playing over nine minutes in the third period to get the last one.) Here are videos of his tallies, in order…it should be noted the final one was scored at the 19:59 mark of the third period. Just got it in under the wire.
Doan came into the game with 38 career two-goal games, tied with Petr Sykora for the most in NHL history without getting a third goal. It’s also worth noting that Doan’s 305 goals coming into the game were second only to Scott Mellanby (319) for most scored without a hatty — so thanks to last night’s effort, Mellanby’s record still stands.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2