Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Saturday night was a big one for Coyotes captain Shane Doan as he notched the first three-goal game of his 17-year career.
The milestone came during a 5-1 drubbing of the New York Islanders at Jobing.com Arena. Doan, who joined the 300-goal club earlier this season, was everywhere for the Coyotes, scoring the opening, winning and final goal (playing over nine minutes in the third period to get the last one.) Here are videos of his tallies, in order…it should be noted the final one was scored at the 19:59 mark of the third period. Just got it in under the wire.
Doan came into the game with 38 career two-goal games, tied with Petr Sykora for the most in NHL history without getting a third goal. It’s also worth noting that Doan’s 305 goals coming into the game were second only to Scott Mellanby (319) for most scored without a hatty — so thanks to last night’s effort, Mellanby’s record still stands.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5