Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Saturday night was a big one for Coyotes captain Shane Doan as he notched the first three-goal game of his 17-year career.
The milestone came during a 5-1 drubbing of the New York Islanders at Jobing.com Arena. Doan, who joined the 300-goal club earlier this season, was everywhere for the Coyotes, scoring the opening, winning and final goal (playing over nine minutes in the third period to get the last one.) Here are videos of his tallies, in order…it should be noted the final one was scored at the 19:59 mark of the third period. Just got it in under the wire.
Doan came into the game with 38 career two-goal games, tied with Petr Sykora for the most in NHL history without getting a third goal. It’s also worth noting that Doan’s 305 goals coming into the game were second only to Scott Mellanby (319) for most scored without a hatty — so thanks to last night’s effort, Mellanby’s record still stands.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)