Jan 8, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Vancouver’s veteran defenseman left yesterday’s game in Boston after receiving a low hit by the Bruins’ Brad Marchand at the end of the second period.
Marchand, who received a major penalty for clipping and a game misconduct, will reportedly face a disciplinary hearing with the NHL.
The replay clearly shows Salo’s helmet hitting the ice. What will be interesting to see is how much the injury affects any punishment that Brendan Shanahan might hand out.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 0
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)