Jan 8, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
No. 68 is back.
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Jaromir Jagr will return to the Flyers lineup tonight for the second game of a back-to-back, home-and-home series against Ottawa. Jagr injured his groin in the Winter Classic — a 3-2 loss to the Rangers — and has been out of action since, missing games against the Blackhawks and Senators (both of which were Flyer wins.)
This marks a pretty quick return for the 39-year-old. Jagr’s initial diagnosis was to be out 7-10 days — meaning he’d miss four to six games — yet he’s back after sitting out just two contests. It’s a definite sigh of relief for Philadelphia, a team that’s been ravaged by injuries this year.
There’s still no word on which Philly forward will be dropped from the lineup to make room for Jagr, though the likely candidates seem to be Zac Rinaldo (who played 6:43 yesterday) and Harry Zolnierczyk (who played 5:25).
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14