Jan 8, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
No. 68 is back.
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Jaromir Jagr will return to the Flyers lineup tonight for the second game of a back-to-back, home-and-home series against Ottawa. Jagr injured his groin in the Winter Classic — a 3-2 loss to the Rangers — and has been out of action since, missing games against the Blackhawks and Senators (both of which were Flyer wins.)
This marks a pretty quick return for the 39-year-old. Jagr’s initial diagnosis was to be out 7-10 days — meaning he’d miss four to six games — yet he’s back after sitting out just two contests. It’s a definite sigh of relief for Philadelphia, a team that’s been ravaged by injuries this year.
There’s still no word on which Philly forward will be dropped from the lineup to make room for Jagr, though the likely candidates seem to be Zac Rinaldo (who played 6:43 yesterday) and Harry Zolnierczyk (who played 5:25).
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)