Jan 8, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
No. 68 is back.
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Jaromir Jagr will return to the Flyers lineup tonight for the second game of a back-to-back, home-and-home series against Ottawa. Jagr injured his groin in the Winter Classic — a 3-2 loss to the Rangers — and has been out of action since, missing games against the Blackhawks and Senators (both of which were Flyer wins.)
This marks a pretty quick return for the 39-year-old. Jagr’s initial diagnosis was to be out 7-10 days — meaning he’d miss four to six games — yet he’s back after sitting out just two contests. It’s a definite sigh of relief for Philadelphia, a team that’s been ravaged by injuries this year.
There’s still no word on which Philly forward will be dropped from the lineup to make room for Jagr, though the likely candidates seem to be Zac Rinaldo (who played 6:43 yesterday) and Harry Zolnierczyk (who played 5:25).
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)