Jan 8, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
No. 68 is back.
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Jaromir Jagr will return to the Flyers lineup tonight for the second game of a back-to-back, home-and-home series against Ottawa. Jagr injured his groin in the Winter Classic — a 3-2 loss to the Rangers — and has been out of action since, missing games against the Blackhawks and Senators (both of which were Flyer wins.)
This marks a pretty quick return for the 39-year-old. Jagr’s initial diagnosis was to be out 7-10 days — meaning he’d miss four to six games — yet he’s back after sitting out just two contests. It’s a definite sigh of relief for Philadelphia, a team that’s been ravaged by injuries this year.
There’s still no word on which Philly forward will be dropped from the lineup to make room for Jagr, though the likely candidates seem to be Zac Rinaldo (who played 6:43 yesterday) and Harry Zolnierczyk (who played 5:25).
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)