Jan 8, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
No. 68 is back.
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Jaromir Jagr will return to the Flyers lineup tonight for the second game of a back-to-back, home-and-home series against Ottawa. Jagr injured his groin in the Winter Classic — a 3-2 loss to the Rangers — and has been out of action since, missing games against the Blackhawks and Senators (both of which were Flyer wins.)
This marks a pretty quick return for the 39-year-old. Jagr’s initial diagnosis was to be out 7-10 days — meaning he’d miss four to six games — yet he’s back after sitting out just two contests. It’s a definite sigh of relief for Philadelphia, a team that’s been ravaged by injuries this year.
There’s still no word on which Philly forward will be dropped from the lineup to make room for Jagr, though the likely candidates seem to be Zac Rinaldo (who played 6:43 yesterday) and Harry Zolnierczyk (who played 5:25).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5