Jan 8, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
Chalk up another ugly defensive outing by the Flyers and their high-priced goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov.
Sunday evening in Ottawa, Philadelphia surrendered four straight third-period goals to lose, 6-4, to the Senators.
Bryzgalov stopped 32 of the 37 shots he faced, with Ottawa’s sixth goal scored into an empty net. The 31-year-old was coming off a solid outing in yesterday’s 3-2 OT victory over the Senators in Philadelphia, but that effort will quickly be forgotten.
Ottawa’s winning goal came with just 1:11 remaining on a long point shot by defenseman Filip Kuba.
The loss isn’t all on Bryzgalov, but we all know he’ll get the most attention. Be interesting to see how he handles it. Maybe if he makes a bunch of jokes everyone will think it’s cute.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)