Jan 8, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
Chalk up another ugly defensive outing by the Flyers and their high-priced goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov.
Sunday evening in Ottawa, Philadelphia surrendered four straight third-period goals to lose, 6-4, to the Senators.
Bryzgalov stopped 32 of the 37 shots he faced, with Ottawa’s sixth goal scored into an empty net. The 31-year-old was coming off a solid outing in yesterday’s 3-2 OT victory over the Senators in Philadelphia, but that effort will quickly be forgotten.
Ottawa’s winning goal came with just 1:11 remaining on a long point shot by defenseman Filip Kuba.
The loss isn’t all on Bryzgalov, but we all know he’ll get the most attention. Be interesting to see how he handles it. Maybe if he makes a bunch of jokes everyone will think it’s cute.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25