Jan 8, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
Chalk up another ugly defensive outing by the Flyers and their high-priced goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov.
Sunday evening in Ottawa, Philadelphia surrendered four straight third-period goals to lose, 6-4, to the Senators.
Bryzgalov stopped 32 of the 37 shots he faced, with Ottawa’s sixth goal scored into an empty net. The 31-year-old was coming off a solid outing in yesterday’s 3-2 OT victory over the Senators in Philadelphia, but that effort will quickly be forgotten.
Ottawa’s winning goal came with just 1:11 remaining on a long point shot by defenseman Filip Kuba.
The loss isn’t all on Bryzgalov, but we all know he’ll get the most attention. Be interesting to see how he handles it. Maybe if he makes a bunch of jokes everyone will think it’s cute.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)