Jan 8, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
Chalk up another ugly defensive outing by the Flyers and their high-priced goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov.
Sunday evening in Ottawa, Philadelphia surrendered four straight third-period goals to lose, 6-4, to the Senators.
Bryzgalov stopped 32 of the 37 shots he faced, with Ottawa’s sixth goal scored into an empty net. The 31-year-old was coming off a solid outing in yesterday’s 3-2 OT victory over the Senators in Philadelphia, but that effort will quickly be forgotten.
Ottawa’s winning goal came with just 1:11 remaining on a long point shot by defenseman Filip Kuba.
The loss isn’t all on Bryzgalov, but we all know he’ll get the most attention. Be interesting to see how he handles it. Maybe if he makes a bunch of jokes everyone will think it’s cute.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)