Jan 8, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
This isn’t news per se, but remember this incident from yesterday’s Bruins-Canucks game?
Yeah, apparently a Boston newspaper saw it slightly differently from a Vancouver newspaper.
First, the description from the Boston Herald:
Right off the bat, the teams let the refs know they wouldn’t have an easy afternoon. Some stickwork on a line change — capped by an Alex Burrows stick blade to Shawn Thornton’s throat — led to a gaggle of Canucks jumping Thornton near the Vancouver bench.
Now, the Vancouver Province explains what happened:
For the first five minutes, the visitors played the Harlem Globetrotters to the Bruins’ Washington Generals, generating a handful of prime scoring chances on Tim Thomas before the predictable occurred. Shawn Thornton started a line brawl.
In a related story, it’s important to know your audience.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)