Jan 8, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
This isn’t news per se, but remember this incident from yesterday’s Bruins-Canucks game?
Yeah, apparently a Boston newspaper saw it slightly differently from a Vancouver newspaper.
First, the description from the Boston Herald:
Right off the bat, the teams let the refs know they wouldn’t have an easy afternoon. Some stickwork on a line change — capped by an Alex Burrows stick blade to Shawn Thornton’s throat — led to a gaggle of Canucks jumping Thornton near the Vancouver bench.
Now, the Vancouver Province explains what happened:
For the first five minutes, the visitors played the Harlem Globetrotters to the Bruins’ Washington Generals, generating a handful of prime scoring chances on Tim Thomas before the predictable occurred. Shawn Thornton started a line brawl.
In a related story, it’s important to know your audience.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)