Jan 8, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
This isn’t news per se, but remember this incident from yesterday’s Bruins-Canucks game?
Yeah, apparently a Boston newspaper saw it slightly differently from a Vancouver newspaper.
First, the description from the Boston Herald:
Right off the bat, the teams let the refs know they wouldn’t have an easy afternoon. Some stickwork on a line change — capped by an Alex Burrows stick blade to Shawn Thornton’s throat — led to a gaggle of Canucks jumping Thornton near the Vancouver bench.
Now, the Vancouver Province explains what happened:
For the first five minutes, the visitors played the Harlem Globetrotters to the Bruins’ Washington Generals, generating a handful of prime scoring chances on Tim Thomas before the predictable occurred. Shawn Thornton started a line brawl.
In a related story, it’s important to know your audience.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22