Jan 8, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
This isn’t news per se, but remember this incident from yesterday’s Bruins-Canucks game?
Yeah, apparently a Boston newspaper saw it slightly differently from a Vancouver newspaper.
First, the description from the Boston Herald:
Right off the bat, the teams let the refs know they wouldn’t have an easy afternoon. Some stickwork on a line change — capped by an Alex Burrows stick blade to Shawn Thornton’s throat — led to a gaggle of Canucks jumping Thornton near the Vancouver bench.
Now, the Vancouver Province explains what happened:
For the first five minutes, the visitors played the Harlem Globetrotters to the Bruins’ Washington Generals, generating a handful of prime scoring chances on Tim Thomas before the predictable occurred. Shawn Thornton started a line brawl.
In a related story, it’s important to know your audience.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)