Jan 7, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Seven months apart did nothing to cool tempers between the Bruins and Canucks after their raucous seven-game Stanley Cup finals match-up. The teams got right back after each other just four minutes into their game this afternoon with all sorts of shenanigans breaking loose.
Shawn Thornton and Alex Burrows kicked off jousting with each other when every Canucks player on the ice descended upon Thornton in front of the Vancouver bench. Then everyone joined the party including Milan Lucic apparently coming off the bench to join the scrum. Lucic was kicked out of the game for that and may wind up getting a 10-game suspension for it.
Out of this whole mess the Canucks wound up with a 5-on-3 power play and if you can figure out how that was possible through all this, congratulations. Out of all this there were merely 38 penalty minutes handed out, two misconducts, and one game misconduct.
(Thanks to hockeyfights.com for the video.)
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)