Jan 7, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Seven months apart did nothing to cool tempers between the Bruins and Canucks after their raucous seven-game Stanley Cup finals match-up. The teams got right back after each other just four minutes into their game this afternoon with all sorts of shenanigans breaking loose.
Shawn Thornton and Alex Burrows kicked off jousting with each other when every Canucks player on the ice descended upon Thornton in front of the Vancouver bench. Then everyone joined the party including Milan Lucic apparently coming off the bench to join the scrum. Lucic was kicked out of the game for that and may wind up getting a 10-game suspension for it.
Out of this whole mess the Canucks wound up with a 5-on-3 power play and if you can figure out how that was possible through all this, congratulations. Out of all this there were merely 38 penalty minutes handed out, two misconducts, and one game misconduct.
(Thanks to hockeyfights.com for the video.)
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)