Jan 7, 2012, 3:06 PM EST
Seven months apart did nothing to cool tempers between the Bruins and Canucks after their raucous seven-game Stanley Cup finals match-up. The teams got right back after each other just four minutes into their game this afternoon with all sorts of shenanigans breaking loose.
Shawn Thornton and Alex Burrows kicked off jousting with each other when every Canucks player on the ice descended upon Thornton in front of the Vancouver bench. Then everyone joined the party including Milan Lucic apparently coming off the bench to join the scrum. Lucic was kicked out of the game for that and may wind up getting a 10-game suspension for it.
Out of this whole mess the Canucks wound up with a 5-on-3 power play and if you can figure out how that was possible through all this, congratulations. Out of all this there were merely 38 penalty minutes handed out, two misconducts, and one game misconduct.
(Thanks to hockeyfights.com for the video.)
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 1
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 57
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)