Jan 7, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Seven months apart did nothing to cool tempers between the Bruins and Canucks after their raucous seven-game Stanley Cup finals match-up. The teams got right back after each other just four minutes into their game this afternoon with all sorts of shenanigans breaking loose.
Shawn Thornton and Alex Burrows kicked off jousting with each other when every Canucks player on the ice descended upon Thornton in front of the Vancouver bench. Then everyone joined the party including Milan Lucic apparently coming off the bench to join the scrum. Lucic was kicked out of the game for that and may wind up getting a 10-game suspension for it.
Out of this whole mess the Canucks wound up with a 5-on-3 power play and if you can figure out how that was possible through all this, congratulations. Out of all this there were merely 38 penalty minutes handed out, two misconducts, and one game misconduct.
(Thanks to hockeyfights.com for the video.)
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45