Jan 7, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
Things just aren’t ever easy in Buffalo this season.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News reports that the Sabres are set to see Ville Leino return to action tonight but he’ll be coming back in time to replace Derek Roy. Roy was injured in Buffalo’s last game against Carolina and Sabres coach Lindy Ruff isn’t feeling too good about things.
“Right now initially, they don’t feel it’s too bad,” Ruff said. “But it’s going to be more than days.”
The downside of this development is that Leino has been miserable this season with just 10 points in 29 games. Roy has been a bit better with 24 points this season in 40 games. Those numbers still aren’t great but the Sabres would prefer not to lose anyone at all.
Considering that Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek have done all the heavy lifting offensively for the Sabres this season, now would be a good time for Leino to finally emerge as the scorer Buffalo thought he would be.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)