Jan 7, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
Things just aren’t ever easy in Buffalo this season.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News reports that the Sabres are set to see Ville Leino return to action tonight but he’ll be coming back in time to replace Derek Roy. Roy was injured in Buffalo’s last game against Carolina and Sabres coach Lindy Ruff isn’t feeling too good about things.
“Right now initially, they don’t feel it’s too bad,” Ruff said. “But it’s going to be more than days.”
The downside of this development is that Leino has been miserable this season with just 10 points in 29 games. Roy has been a bit better with 24 points this season in 40 games. Those numbers still aren’t great but the Sabres would prefer not to lose anyone at all.
Considering that Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek have done all the heavy lifting offensively for the Sabres this season, now would be a good time for Leino to finally emerge as the scorer Buffalo thought he would be.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)