Jan 7, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
Things just aren’t ever easy in Buffalo this season.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News reports that the Sabres are set to see Ville Leino return to action tonight but he’ll be coming back in time to replace Derek Roy. Roy was injured in Buffalo’s last game against Carolina and Sabres coach Lindy Ruff isn’t feeling too good about things.
“Right now initially, they don’t feel it’s too bad,” Ruff said. “But it’s going to be more than days.”
The downside of this development is that Leino has been miserable this season with just 10 points in 29 games. Roy has been a bit better with 24 points this season in 40 games. Those numbers still aren’t great but the Sabres would prefer not to lose anyone at all.
Considering that Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek have done all the heavy lifting offensively for the Sabres this season, now would be a good time for Leino to finally emerge as the scorer Buffalo thought he would be.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)