Jan 7, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
Things just aren’t ever easy in Buffalo this season.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News reports that the Sabres are set to see Ville Leino return to action tonight but he’ll be coming back in time to replace Derek Roy. Roy was injured in Buffalo’s last game against Carolina and Sabres coach Lindy Ruff isn’t feeling too good about things.
“Right now initially, they don’t feel it’s too bad,” Ruff said. “But it’s going to be more than days.”
The downside of this development is that Leino has been miserable this season with just 10 points in 29 games. Roy has been a bit better with 24 points this season in 40 games. Those numbers still aren’t great but the Sabres would prefer not to lose anyone at all.
Considering that Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek have done all the heavy lifting offensively for the Sabres this season, now would be a good time for Leino to finally emerge as the scorer Buffalo thought he would be.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)