Jan 7, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
Timonen started this afternoon’s game against Ottawa after the Flyers were prepared to potentially go without him. The Flyers skated seven defensemen in warmups as Matt Walker got the call up from Adirondack, but Timonen was good to go and started the game.
The Flyers’ defensive issues this year have been many thanks to Chris Pronger‘s season-ending concussion diagnosis. Timonen became the go-to guy on defense with Pronger out and a bad injury would’ve been a crushing blow to the team. Those worries are gone for now however as Timonen appears to be all right.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5