Jan 7, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
Timonen started this afternoon’s game against Ottawa after the Flyers were prepared to potentially go without him. The Flyers skated seven defensemen in warmups as Matt Walker got the call up from Adirondack, but Timonen was good to go and started the game.
The Flyers’ defensive issues this year have been many thanks to Chris Pronger‘s season-ending concussion diagnosis. Timonen became the go-to guy on defense with Pronger out and a bad injury would’ve been a crushing blow to the team. Those worries are gone for now however as Timonen appears to be all right.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39