Jan 7, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Apparently when you’re a former Coyote you just feel like brawling sometimes. After all, what other reason could there be for Danny Briere to drop the gloves with Kyle Turris this afternoon? That’s just what happened however as the two non-fighters apparently had had enough of each other.
Thanks to the guys at HockeyFights.com we learned that Briere’s fight today was just the third in his career and first since 2009 when he fought Marc-Edouard Vlasic. It’s just the second fight in Turris’ career and when you see how these guys set up to square off, you can understand fully why these guys stick to scoring goals.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8