Jan 7, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Apparently when you’re a former Coyote you just feel like brawling sometimes. After all, what other reason could there be for Danny Briere to drop the gloves with Kyle Turris this afternoon? That’s just what happened however as the two non-fighters apparently had had enough of each other.
Thanks to the guys at HockeyFights.com we learned that Briere’s fight today was just the third in his career and first since 2009 when he fought Marc-Edouard Vlasic. It’s just the second fight in Turris’ career and when you see how these guys set up to square off, you can understand fully why these guys stick to scoring goals.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55