Jan 7, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Apparently when you’re a former Coyote you just feel like brawling sometimes. After all, what other reason could there be for Danny Briere to drop the gloves with Kyle Turris this afternoon? That’s just what happened however as the two non-fighters apparently had had enough of each other.
Thanks to the guys at HockeyFights.com we learned that Briere’s fight today was just the third in his career and first since 2009 when he fought Marc-Edouard Vlasic. It’s just the second fight in Turris’ career and when you see how these guys set up to square off, you can understand fully why these guys stick to scoring goals.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5