Jan 7, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Apparently when you’re a former Coyote you just feel like brawling sometimes. After all, what other reason could there be for Danny Briere to drop the gloves with Kyle Turris this afternoon? That’s just what happened however as the two non-fighters apparently had had enough of each other.
Thanks to the guys at HockeyFights.com we learned that Briere’s fight today was just the third in his career and first since 2009 when he fought Marc-Edouard Vlasic. It’s just the second fight in Turris’ career and when you see how these guys set up to square off, you can understand fully why these guys stick to scoring goals.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 37
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 59
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1