Jan 7, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
It wasn’t a game lacking in hype or drama as we had fights galore in the first period, a questionable hit by Brad Marchand in the second period, and wild finish in the third that all led to a 4-3 win by Vancouver.
The Bruins inability to stay out of the penalty box hurt them in this one as Vancouver scored all four of their goals with the man advantage. Tim Thomas can do a lot of things but asking him to keep his team on top while continually killing penalties was too much today. Cory Schneider stood tall in goal for Vancouver stopping 36 shots while getting the surprise start over Roberto Luongo.
The game itself lived up to the hype and in the end the Canucks got a win in Boston to soothe their hurt feelings after losing all three games in Boston last season in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (118)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)