Jan 7, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
It wasn’t a game lacking in hype or drama as we had fights galore in the first period, a questionable hit by Brad Marchand in the second period, and wild finish in the third that all led to a 4-3 win by Vancouver.
The Bruins inability to stay out of the penalty box hurt them in this one as Vancouver scored all four of their goals with the man advantage. Tim Thomas can do a lot of things but asking him to keep his team on top while continually killing penalties was too much today. Cory Schneider stood tall in goal for Vancouver stopping 36 shots while getting the surprise start over Roberto Luongo.
The game itself lived up to the hype and in the end the Canucks got a win in Boston to soothe their hurt feelings after losing all three games in Boston last season in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 6
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)