Jan 7, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
It wasn’t a game lacking in hype or drama as we had fights galore in the first period, a questionable hit by Brad Marchand in the second period, and wild finish in the third that all led to a 4-3 win by Vancouver.
The Bruins inability to stay out of the penalty box hurt them in this one as Vancouver scored all four of their goals with the man advantage. Tim Thomas can do a lot of things but asking him to keep his team on top while continually killing penalties was too much today. Cory Schneider stood tall in goal for Vancouver stopping 36 shots while getting the surprise start over Roberto Luongo.
The game itself lived up to the hype and in the end the Canucks got a win in Boston to soothe their hurt feelings after losing all three games in Boston last season in the Stanley Cup finals.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)