Jan 7, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
It wasn’t a game lacking in hype or drama as we had fights galore in the first period, a questionable hit by Brad Marchand in the second period, and wild finish in the third that all led to a 4-3 win by Vancouver.
The Bruins inability to stay out of the penalty box hurt them in this one as Vancouver scored all four of their goals with the man advantage. Tim Thomas can do a lot of things but asking him to keep his team on top while continually killing penalties was too much today. Cory Schneider stood tall in goal for Vancouver stopping 36 shots while getting the surprise start over Roberto Luongo.
The game itself lived up to the hype and in the end the Canucks got a win in Boston to soothe their hurt feelings after losing all three games in Boston last season in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 0
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 1
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112